Chapter 6

" my cousin is hella hottyy"

-----

"Who said you were skipping?" He smiled.

"This is so cool. How come I've
never been here before?" I said, impressed.

"Because you didn't have me in your life, duh!" He winked at me.

Caleb had called the school pretending to be Mariah and told my absence in gym class was justified. They bought it. How could they buy it? Caleb is a male who pretended to be a 45 years old female. Like how? I was hoping Mariah was never going to know about this. Caleb had brought me to the beach.

"This is so great. I don't miss snow at all." I chuckled

"So how are you feeling about the fight in three weeks?"

"Well, I feel nervous of course but I'm hoping for the best. I hope we'll win." I traced something in the sand with a branch I found on the ground.

"We have to win. God, even if we lose, I'm not sure I'll let this dude spend 48 hours with you." He clenched his jaw.

"You'll have to."

"Yeah but I don't want to. He is dangerous."

"So are you mister East side."

"I'm nothing compared to Teo Briones. "

"Do you think he'd take advantage of me or something?" I asked, worried.

"No. Teo isn't that type of guy. He never needs to force the ladies if you know what I mean."

"I'm having images." I winced.

"Oh come on. You're a girl. Deep down inside, you must find Teo's bad boy look attractive. No girl hates Teo Briones forever. They all fall under his spell at some point." He explained, shaking his head in disapproval.

"His spell? What is he, a witch?" I joked.

"Yeah probably. That would explain why he gets every girl in the world even though he's the biggest bastard ever." He shrugged

"I guess girls like bad boys."

"Oh really? Have fun being a single mom." Celeb bursted into laughter and I joined him.

"God Y/n, where have you been all my life?" He smiled, gasping for air after laughing.

"Canada. Cold place. Snow... Beavers. That's pretty much it." I laughed at the awful stereotype that just came out of my mouth. Of course, the beaver part wasn't really what canada was like.

"Want to go walk on the beach?" He winked.

"Sure. Why not?" I smiled

We reached the shore and started walking by the ocean.

"So Aera, huh?" I asked

"What about her?"

"I heard Alexander and her have something going on."

"They did, a while ago. But Jake wouldn't let his sister go out with Alex."

"Why not? Alexander's the sweetest." I asked, curious.

"The Alexander you know, maybe. But the east side gang Alexander. Let's just say it's another story." Caleb replied, looking away.

"Are you all really that bad? I mean, you look so nice to me but you keep saying that I don't know the real you.

"We are nice, Y/n. But being in a gang requires to have a personality with two sides, you see?"

"No, I don't. Actually, this whole gang thing doesn't make sense to me." I mocked him, kicking a rock as I walked.