chapter 25

"Oh my god guys, I am begging you. It's not too late to turn around. Just drop it."

Alexander, call and Caleb wouldn't listen to me as we drove towards Nicole's house.

"Alright, fine, but when Jake finds out and kills all of you..."

"Oh come on, y/n. He told us to do whatever it took to keep Mariah from being suspicious. "Call cut me off.
call
"We are talking about hiring Jake's ex girlfriend, which happened to be a very very bad break up, may I remind you, to play Jake's new girlfriend in front of his mother. I'm pretty sure Jake didn't want you to go this far. "

"Well, he'll have to deal with it because it's too late to back down now." Call gave me an arrogant smile, reminding me of Damon Salvatore's attitude.

I looked out the window and noticed
that he was right. We were in front of her house already. We got this far, might as well go through with it.

"Remind me why they broke up again?" Alexander asked, before turning off the engine.

"Don't know." Call shrugged.

" Caleb?"

"Same." Caleb answered.

Then, all at the same time, they turned around to look at me.

"Don't look at me. I don't know any more than you do. "I put my hands up.

They all made a face like... Yeah, right.

"Fine. I might know just a little bit more but that doesn't mean I'll tell you."

"Oh you will. Eventually. Girls can't keep a secret. " Caleb smirked.

I remembered what Aera had told me about Jake's breakup. Something about lying or jake keeping stuff from Nicole, I wonder what that "stuff" could be, huh?

"Isn't Nicole a crazy bitch? " I asked, just before they got out of the car.

"Aren't all girls? " Call made an arrogant face, causing me to roll my eyes.

"I'm pretty sure boys like you drive them crazy smartass. "I reached for the door

"What do you think you're doing Canada?" Call gave me the look who meant everything.

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm coming with you guys. "I hissed.

"No, you're not. You don't know Nicole. We do. Let us handle this. " Caleb affirmed.

"What? No! I'm not going to wait in the car. "I shook my head.

"Yeah, you are."

And then I heard the sound of defeat. He had locked the door...

The motherfudger locked the door.

I know what you're thinking.

"You can unlock it dumbass."

Well, no. Being the member of a gang, Call has this lovely car that you can not unlock if it's been locked from the outside.

In other words, a kidnapping car.

"Call!!!" I knocked on the window.

"Oh, right, sorry."

He rolled the window down a little bit, amused.

"Oxygen, kind of essential. "He smirked.

"For god's sake. Alex, Caleb? Do something."

Caleb was just laughing. And Alex gave me a sorry look and I could read on his lips "Sorry."

Great. I sighed and I had to admit it.. All I could do was watch Call and the guys enter this house and wait for their return.

I got my phone out of my pocket. Yeah, because I got a replacement phone until I can afford an iphone. It's Aera's old phone. And when I say old phone, I mean, blackberry who couldn't send a text properly even if it's life depended on it.

Even though, a phone is not alive. Anyway.

I tried to text my mom since it had been a while since we talked but my phone buzzing kept me from it.

"Locking the lady in the car. That's
not very nice."

I hadn't saved any number on my phone and so I couldn't identify the sender. But most importantly, it meant the sender was watching me in this very moment.

I glanced around and saw no one. Absolutely no one. The streets were empty and to be honest, this part of the neighborhood was kind of creepy. The only thing around was a very old building who looked like an abandonned hotel or something. Then I saw a shadow pass in front of the 2nd floor window.

"Holy shit. "I found myself saying.

Was it a stalker? How did they get my number?

My phone buzzing again made my heart skip a beat.

"I also see you got a new phone."

I looked at the number, desperately trying to remember it.

"Who are youth?"

I replied and then cursed the second I hit the send button.

Damn phone. What kind of stupid autocorrect is that?

I tried to fix it.

"Who are yogourt?"

Really life? Way to look credible talking to a stalker.

"Who are you? **"

I finally got it right.

I waited and then eventually got a reply...

"I'll tell you who I'm not. The guy with the shitty phone.

I kept on looking at the hotel but the shadow was gone. At least, I couldn't see it anymore.

Before I could text back.. I heard a door close. I turned my head and saw the guys come out of the house one after the other with who I assumed to be, the oh so famous Nicole.

My lips parted as I watched the girl make her way towards the car with the guys.

She was beautiful. Very beautiful. Every move she made looked perfect.

I kinda get why Jake was crazy about her.

Call unlocked the door and changed place, pressing my body to the opposite car door. Caleb opened the door for her and she graciously sat.

She was a ginger with green eyes and perfect skin. I thought those only existed in shampoo commercials. Like she felt my eyes on her, she turned her head to give me a judgy look.

"Hey, I'm y/n. "I tried to smile.

"Yeah, whatever. "And she looked away.

I guess Call was right after all. I didn't know how to handle this girl.