Chapter 16

Recognizing Teo's voice, I thanked god. I though this was going to be a cliche moment when the girl makes a scene and goes out by herself and gets attacked. I felt so relieved to hear his voice that I almost felt bad for being this happy to see him.

"Yeah, I figured that out when I realized I had no idea where I was, thanks," I turned around and addressed him an arrogant smile.

He rolled his eyes, smirking "Oh please, don't pretend like you're not relieved that I came after you to save your ass, again, notice the word again," He grinned, stepping closer.

"I would thank you but.." I glanced around "Saving me would require something to save me from, you see." He made a face, clearly annoyed by my comebacks.

"You got lucky this time but take my advice, don't make a scene and go out all by yourself at night again. You're hanging out with the bad kids now and that makes you a target, remember?"

He was now standing in front of me, trying to initiate eye contact. Which I refused him, avoiding his eyes.

"So what? You made it clear that you didn't care one bit if something happened to me, remember?" I used
his own words against him, still smiling in a challenging way.

"You're one stubborn chick, you know that?" He shook his head from left to right, annoyed and amused at the same time.

"I'm not stubborn, I'm realistic. Those are your words, not mine," I stated.

A smirk appeared on his face, "Really? My words? Are you sure about that?" He replied.

His sentence caught me off guard. I analyzed the words he had said to me earlier, playing them in my head on a loop and couldn't find any scripted message. Probably because there was none and this douche was only messing with my head once again.

"You said and I quote, I do not care how badly the east side get hurt so yeah, I'm sure," I answered, finally looking up and letting our eyes meet. The darkness made his eyes bearable. They weren't as hypnotizing in the dark.

"I said I wouldn't mind if something happened to them," He paused for what seemed to be the longest wait of my life

"I never said I would let something happen to you."

His words hit me a little harder than I'd like to admit. My lips parted as I stared at him, shook. I opened my mouth to say something but then shut it close, realizing I couldn't find anything to answer.

"Come on, let's get you home," He turned away and all I could do was follow him. I wasn't going to stay in the middle of nowhere, was I ? Let's skip the details about the ride home, shall we. Teo's motorcycle stopped a couple of houses away from mine.

"This is not my house," was all I could find to say.

"I know," He simply said.

"Well, then, why are you stopping here?" I asked, confused.

"Safety measures," He answered in a way that I knew I should stop asking questions.

"Well, thanks for taking me home and not leaving me to die in front of some abandoned factory, I guess" | got off the motorcycle, taking off the horrible helmet.

"That's a very weird way to end a first date but hey I'll take it," He replied, amused and took off his helmet so that I could see his face. I stayed shocked.

"I'm sorry? What was that? Did you just say the d word?" A pervert smile appeared on his face

"Oh god, not that d word gee," I rolled my eyes causing him to chuckle.

"I took you out for a coffee, we laughed, chatted so yeah, it was a date."

Was he being serious?

"Only because I was trying to get you to do me a favor, did you forget that part, bad boy?" I raised my eyebrows

"Nope. But good reasons or not, it still happened, love." That nickname again.

"Technically, that makes the deal complete. You went on a date with me so we can cancel the fight, right?" I batted my eyelashes, hoping that would work although I was well aware he wouldn't let it go that easy.

"Nice try love, but you and I both know I can't do that. Plus, the date part was fulfilled, not the other thing," He smirked.

"The other thing? What are you talking about?" I frowned.

Oh, they didn't tell you? Well, I guess that makes it even more interesting, doesn't it?" He handed me something. My phone. I took it, still shocked by his confession. There was nothing thing? The deal wasn't only a date?

"Goodnight Y/n Kingston. See you soon." He gave me a charming smile.

Before I could talk back, he started the engine and he left in a roar. The motorcycle disappeared down the road soon enough and I walked home. Maria's car was in the driveway and all the lights were still on even though it was close to being midnight. She was probably waiting for Jake and I to come home...Something told me that Jake would not come back home any time soon.

And something told me I was going to have a hard time justifying it.

HEY YOU ! Did you like it? :)