Chapter 15

" through burning fire , love is pleasing light "

____

“ Alright, enough."

Teo's voice almost made me shiver. It's weird the dangerous vibe in the air everytime he goes all bad boy and puts his serious face on. He was just staring at me, arms crossed, his blue eyes capturing mine.

"I'm sorry, what?" I played the innocent, though I had a little idea what he was going to say.

He raised his eyebrows, clearly not buying my ignorance and cleared his throat before speaking.

"The evening has been pleasant, you've been lovely and so I assume it has something to do with a favor you want to ask me."

My lips parted as I stared at him shocked. I hate how this guy sees so clearly through my game

"Is it so hard for you to believe that I could simply be a nice person without wanting something in return?" I put my hand on my heart, pretending to be offended. A small smile appeared on the corner of his lips and he shook his head in disapproval, amused and discouraged at the same time.

"Y/n, darling, just spit it out already."

Giving in, I sighed and looked down, trying to find my words.

"Fine, smartass. I was wondering if maybe you could do something for me," I tried to give him the puppy eyes. Key word, tried. He smirked, seeing through my game, like always.

"Try me."

"Here's the thing. Jake is at his worst right now, thanks to your lovely brother and the other gangs can't know that the gang is weak right now SO-"

Teo cut me off without even opening his mouth. The look he gave me meant everything. I stopped mid sentence.

"That's a lot you're asking from me, love." He glanced around, making sure no one in the restaurant was listening then his eyes found their way back to mine.

"I know I owe you after what scott did to you but I think I did my part to repay you by saving Jake. You're asking me to cover for my enemies, I can't do that."

All I could do then was look down, thinking about how stupid I had been to think a nice little date and small talk would have been enough to get what I came for. " You can't or you won't ? " I mumbled, still looking

"I'll try to talk to scott but I can't promise you anything."

"Wrong. You can promise me one thing," I looked up, gathering up every ounce of confidence I had and looked him straight in the eyes. No more looking away, this guy isn't going to have so much control over me.

"That you'll give Jake time to get better before the fight, you owe me that much. And when the fight does come, don't be too violent please."

My words seemed to catch him off guards a little bit then a somehow victorious smile appeared on his face.

"So you do believe that I'm going to
win, huh?" He grinned, like the cocky guy he is.

I sighed "Teo, please."

He sighed, looking at me with a hesitant expression.

"And what makes you think I would do such a thing for you?" He put on an arrogant face and leant in from his side of the table.

His words hit me but I tried not to let it show. This guy was cold fire. He would never let himself be weak, ever.

"Nothing. I'm simply hoping you'll use the heart you pretend not to have and make the right decision. Because if you don't give Jake time, he will die during the fight and you know it," I leant in as well, our faces separated

"They sent you to sweet talk me, love," He declared, "Do you realize what that means?" He frowned, putting on his serious face. Without a word, I shook my head negatively, giving him the answer he wanted.

"They think they can mess with my head. They think you can mess with my head. So let's make this clear." Any trace of kindness in his eyes disappeared as he pronounced those words slowly, causing me to hold my breath. It felt like I was waiting for a bomb to explode, just like everytime this guy speaks.

"I am not going to go soft. I do not care how badly the east side get hurt. I do not care if something happens to them and sure as hell
do not care if they are vulnerable at the moment, am I making myself clear?"

Feeling rage and disappointment take over me, I nodded silently and got up without a word. The guys thought Teo cared for me enough to be kind for once and clearly they were wrong.

"Y/n, sit," He sighed, like he didn't take me seriously and expected me to obey.

"Well, you're clearly not going to help so why bother wasting my time trying to find some humanity in mister bad boy?" I declared without glancing his way and kept walking.

"And how do you think you're going to get home?" He said, mocking me a little.

"I don't know, I guess I'll just walk or maybe I'll call Jake to pick me up. Oh no, wait! Your brother beat him up," I replied sarcastically and rushed out of the restaurant before he could stop me. I thought he would follow me, you know since that's what they all do in fanfictions, but hey I guess Teo is not one to be concerned. Why didn't I wait until he drove me home to make a scene? Stupid Y/n!

I was starting to wonder how the hell I would actually get home. I had no idea where I was since I had never been into this part of the town. I reached in my pocket for my phone but remembered Teo had it. Crap! I had gotten pretty far from the restaurant already and I was standing close to some kind of
abandoned factory. I was seriously considering running back to Teo. How could this be possible? That the most dangerous guy in my school was somehow the most reassuring option at the moment ?

"You're an idiot."..