/ After the Fight : New part starting/

Chapter 35

I know you've all been so excited about last chapter. Wondering were would've y/n gone?
Read further chapters to find out!

----

: Small part from the previous chapter!

___

Ian and his fighters scream for him to get back up. I frown, narrowing my eyes. There's something about them. Something I didn't notice that night in front of the school.

"Two."

Ian turns his head, and our eyes meet. He smiles.

"One."

The oxygen abandons me. I blink in disbelief.

"Zero."

It's over. Jake won.

He doesn't hear me when somebody violently yanks me from behind and twists my hair around their fingers.

He doesn't hear me when the soaked cloth is pressed against my mouth and my senses spill out of me.

I know he'll never hear me when my knees surrender and I feel myself falling. As I slowly slip out consciousness, I wish I could go back and tell them the truth. All of it. And the last thing I see before all turns black... is the memory of Ian and his fighters staring at me across the room.

Present

The room was silent.

No one was brave enough to speak or move a muscle, the tension in the atmosphere unbearably heavy. Like the numerous fighters in the room feared even breathing too loud would be enough to send the East Side leader into a spiral of uncontrollable anger, they stood there, helpless.

He had been sitting in silence with his face hidden by both his hands for the last twenty minutes. His friends, who usually cheered him up, couldn't seem to find the words to ease his pain.

The room was wrecked.

Glass and furniture were scattered across the kitchen floor.

The Kingston house had never been such a mess, and Jake was to blame for its destruction. Exhaling, he remembered the dread he felt when the lights came back on and he looked around to see that she was gone. Winter was gone.

That's when the silence was ripped away by a knock on the front door.

"Tell me it's not your mother who forgot her keys again," Alex said, his gaze nervously wandering around.

"Can't be. She's working a night shift," Jake whispered.

"And Aera?" Call asked, something shifting in his eyes.

"She's at Morgan's."

Call gave Jake a faint nod. Alexander sighed and got up to open the door that would reveal the last person on earth they wanted and expected to see.

Hatred. Rage. It was all Jake could feel when he grabbed him by the collar of his branded clothes and punched him.

"You. You fucking did this," he yelled, infuriated.

The blue-eyed boy took the hit. Seconds later, he had been pushed against the wall violently, the foundations of the old house creaking under the sudden duress. Avoiding a second punch, he pushed Jake to the ground.

"How is it my fault? I'm not the one who took her," Teo spat, as angry as could be.

"If you hadn't made that stupid deal in the first place, none of this would've happened." Alexander and Call held their friend back before he trashed the house any more than he already had. It wouldn't be easy to clean up, and they didn't need more problems.