chapter 21

" spiders?.. realllyyy?

____

That wasn't even awkward and I wish it would've been because then I could've told him to take it off but I didn't want to.

I just knew me letting him do that was the beginning of me letting him do a whole lot of other things and that was wrong, I knew it. Sure, his arm around me was not a big deal but somehow the touch bareer had been broken and from there, anything could happen. I had to stay as far away as possible.

But every nerves in my body were telling me that it was right.

"I'm pretty sure there are a lot of
other buildings who provide a good view? So why here?" I asked, trying to get my mind off the fact I was basically hugging my family's enemy.

He looked unsure, avoiding my eyes.

"I used to go to this school before the incident." He simply said and I understood just by hearing his tone that he didn't want to say more.

"Oh." I nodded.

"So... how come you don't live with your parents?" I changed the topic.

"They're annoying, that's all."

"Annoying to the point you don't even want to live in the same house?" I asked, amused.

"I said there was nothing else to say."
He spat, cold.

His sudden rudeness took me by surprise. I pulled away a little but immediately felt his grasp on me get tighter. He pulled me closer to him.

"I'm sorry, it's just... I don't like talking about my parents." He looked at me.

"Just like you don't like talking about this school." I nodded, understanding it all.

There would never be a way for me to know this guy better because he wanted to keep everything about him a secret. This was so wrong. Me accepting to spend time with him, it was all so wrong.

Just like he was reading my mind, he said..

"You want to get to know me, let's play the 10 questions."

"Alright, you first." "Huh... Favorite colour?" "I like red. What about yours?" I asked him.

"I like black."

His statement made me laugh because it was the most predictable answer he could've given. He was always wearing black.

Always.

Black is not a color, genius. "| stated the fact.

"What? Yes, it is. " He made a face.

Nope. "I shook my head.

"What is it then? A fruit?" He exclaimed, making me laugh.

"Idiot. Black is the absence of
shade," I insisted.

"I don't care. To me, it is Miss Know It All." He rolled his eyes, amused.

"Anyway, my turn. Biggest fear?" He asked.

"Well, I... I'm scared of clowns."

He started laughing uncontrollably.

"Shut up, it's not funny." "Yeah, it is. Considering the fact that you're hanging out with criminals, the only thing that crossed your mind was your fear of clowns."

True.

"Alright, then. What is yours, tough guy?"

"I'm fearless." He winked.

"I'm not buying it. I don't care if it's stupid, tell me."

"If I tell you, you have to promise not to laugh." He made the puppy eyes.

"Promise." I put my hand up.

He paused for a second, hesitating and then he said it..

"I'm scared of spiders."

It took a second for me to realize what he had just said.

"Oh my god."

I bursted out into laughter.

"Shut up, I swear that I can kill it and be the man and all but if it's up to me and somebody else can do it."

"You're a girl. Even I am not scared of spiders." I laughed even more.

"Well they say opposites attract." He winked, making a face.

We spent two hours up there talking about random things and getting to know each other just like Teo wanted to. And I just couldn't help but feel like it had been a long time since Teo had opened up to someone and been honest...

It had been a long time since he had been real.

"We should get home." I said, watching the sun go down.

"Yeah, we should." He nodded, smiling a little.

Minutes went by and we didn't move a muscle. We both started laughing.

No but really..."

"Fine." He sighed, half smiling. " As you wish."

Soon enough, I took a deep breath when my feet touched the ground. I swear this ladder will break someday. Teo made fun of me for being such a chicken and I didn't hesitate to bring his fear of spiders up.

We were heading to his motorcycle when..

Teo suddenly pulled me behind a bush, motionning me to stay quiet.

I wanted to ask why. I really did. But I knew I had to obey. Something was happening. We heard voices .