The Green Man's Visit.

New York 2012

           A pair of Amethyst eyes followed the strange creatures leaving the portal from the light blue sky, the breeze making the curls of fiery red hair fall to her freckle face forcing the so six-year-old to move it away

"That one." Giggle the little girl, pointing with her little finger at one of the many Chitauri that were attacking the city.

The Ancient One, a bold, skinny pale woman that wore bright yellow robes that reminded Carina of a bird she had seen soaring in the air from one of the windows of the Kamar-Taj, conjured war fans and threw them at the flying Chintauri causing the chariot to explode.

Carina giggles and claps amusingly while the woman smiles with affection at the girl. That was what the two spent most of the morning doing, the Ancient One and Carina Agamotto were on the rooftop of the Sanctum Sanctorum of New York, a place Carina rarely visited. The older master protected the building and the little girl, happily sat on one of the chairs telling her which Alien to target.

Carina has always been easy to entertain, not leaving the old grounds of the Kamar Taj often, she was constantly looking for any source of diversion and entertainment which normally came in the pages of worn-out books, learning a new language or watching the Ancient One teach the Arts, hence, why watching her destroy the Chitauri is a welcome form of entertainment.

"Where do they come from?" Asked the little girl gazing at the dark portal with innate curiosity.

"The Sanctuary." Answer the woman.

"Sanctuary?" Carina tilted her head, she frowned remembering the planets she had learned with Wong— one of her few friends and one of the many masters back in the Kamar Taj. "That's not in the solar system..."

"Not in ours, little star." Said the ancient one, gazing up at the aliens. "There's an —"

"Infinity of universes, yes I know." Said the girl, nodding her head proudly, recalling the lecture the master always gives her.

"But, if they are here...." Carina looked at the ancient one in doubt. "Isn't our responsibility to protect the earth?"

"We masters of the mystical arts protect the earth from mystical threats." The woman looked at her with a soft smile, "Loki is a threat for us but not ours to defeat."

"Ah yes, like, Uhm..." As the girl struggled to say something a flash of green caught her eyes and the Ancient One's too.

Carina's eyes widened as the massive, green person, that reminded her of huge broccoli with legs or a leprechaun with hair, moved to the doors of the Sanctum. He was a little frightening for her but also intriguing.

"I'd be careful going that way." Said the Ancient One, making her presence known. "We just had the floors waxed."

The green man moved, he looked between the two. "I'm looking for Dr Strange."