Jack Frost's Kiss.

"Wong, please

            "Wong, please." Carina pleaded, pouting while slumping down on a chair.

Wong didn't even look up from his book.
"No."

"Why not?" She groans.

"I can't leave the library unattended for long." He told her, eyes thumbing through the page of the book. "It's my responsibility to guard this place."

Carina crosses her arms."I hardly think Kaecilius will appear in the late morning to steal something again."

"Better not take any chances, besides it's not just Kaecilius, there are some rascals who like to take books from the library without my knowledge, those are the worst of them all." Wong gave her a pointed look, making her look at her hands, knowing she was once part of that group.

"Fine, alright." Carina huffs dissapointly, realizing that her arguments are futile against Wong's sense of duty, "I'll guess, I have to wait until your free."

"Is the Ancient One also busy?" Wong asks, book down.

Carina nodded, pursing her lips. "Sadly, she's got to meet with one of the Master."

She hated it, having to depend on someone to do something she wanted and although she is conscious enough to know she's a kid, Carina is very independent for her age. Having grown up without real parental figures and more with an authoritative figure all her life, she's grown to take care of herself when needed, which was most of the time, she grew to be more mature than her peers, although it was hard at first Carina had train herself not to make a big deal out of it, but she knew she wasn't truly alone, the Ancient One made sure she knew, because despite being an authoritative figure, to Carina, the woman felt more like family.

"I'm sorry, Carina," Wong said, apologetically.

Carina smiled and wave her hand dismissively, "No, non mi dispiace affatto, la mio buon amico."

"It's il mio buon amico," Wong corrected her, "When was the last time I assign you Italian practice?"

"A while and I knew that, I just got confused." Carina shrugged.

"One learns, by making mistakes." He told her calmly before looking down at his book once again, "I want you you to do a few pages of Schaum's, to refresh the mind."

Carina tuts but nodded nonetheless, "Right on it, I'll see you later, Wong."

"Come if you have any questions."

⁺    ˚
. * 🌍 ✦ .  ⁺   .⁺    ˚
. *     ✦ 🪐.  ⁺   🌔.
.     ⁺ ⁺

"Mastery of the sling ring is essential to the mystic arts," Mordo said, as the students made a circular motion with their hands. "They allow us to travel throughout the multiverse. All you need to do is focus. Visualize. See the destination in your mind. Look beyond the world in front of you. Imagine every detail."