Small comfort.

Cold

            Cold. 'Why is it so cold?'

Carina looked around and sees nothing and no one, only the glistening air that surrounded her, enveloping her like a cool blanket. She lifted her hand to try and feel chilliness but instead of going through as she would expect the air moved with her hand as if the air was an extension of her body.

Taking a deep breath, Carina noticed the crisp air didn't have any scent, no fragrance, no odour, it felt inviting, easy to inhale. She also noted that her mind was strangely empty, still, at peace. Like she assumed it was supposed to be after a successful meditation.

Where was she? She couldn't remember anything, she tried to, though, because there was a nagging on the back of her mind that was telling her something, worried, anxious, but of what? Why? But no matter how much thought she put into it, the only thing she accomplish was an aching brain.

No, she was too much at peace to break it for some mindless worry. Carina felt exhausted for some reason, and being there was like a deep breath after running for a long time.

She just wanted to close her eyes, let go, and not be her anymore....

Suddenly, Carina heard a voice behind her, an unfamiliar voice yet from within her she felt like knew the voice, like an old song she heard once years ago, she forgot the lyrics but not the melody, it was odd, but it made her heart stop.

"Hello, my sweet girl."

"Hello..." Carina observes the woman before her curiously. She was gorgeous, with beautiful long black hair, fair clear skin, and brown eyes that stared at her with so much affection. She felt like she knew that woman, she has seen her somewhere but where? There was a dull pain in her head as she tried to recall. "Do I know you?"

The woman smiled with tenderness, "You did but for a very short moment, but I do know you, Carina, I've known you your entire life."

As Carina frowns confused, the woman walked closer to her but for some reason Carina was compelled to stay still, she didn't fear the woman, she felt comfortable, oddly enough. When the dark-haired woman was in front of her she grabbed her chin to look up at her with so much gentleness, it was almost featherlike.

"You been through so much lately, haven't you?" The woman's hands went from her chin to her cheek, and Carina couldn't help but fall into her hand, it soothed her."But you must know it's not your fault but mine."

"What do you mean?" Carina dared ask, looking up at the soft brown eyes.

She gave her a small apologetic smile, her eyes seemed to glimmer with regret as she spoke to her. "I made some bad decisions in my life, terrible ones, all for my greed and envy... but there are some don't regret."

"Who are you?" Carina tilt her head to look at the pretty woman as if she was a puzzle, it felt as if she has all the pieces but she couldn't put them together.