The Life-Saving Bug.

"Carina?" Wong called her name, he was holding a pointy staff defensively thought there was hesitation in his step

                  "Carina?" Wong called her name, he was holding a pointy staff defensively thought there was hesitation in his step. He was looking at the group just as wary as he was shocked. "Carina, what are you doing?"

A malevolent grin stretched on her lips, she open her hand with a swift motion and the bright city around them began to collapse, people ran and scream, it was havoc as soon as the buildings around them began to crumble.

"You're not Carina," Wong concluded, standing defensively, holding his staff up waiting for anyone to make a move.

"Of course not, you fool." The distorted voice scoffs, a sneer turning on her lips as the black veins make themself more present than ever, "Now step aside or perish, you mortal maggot."

Wong's eyes harden, and his entire body was tense, ready to do what he must for the safety of the sanctum and the people inside of it. "Never,"

"You're on the wrong side of History, Wong," Kaecelius said as he and the other Zealots conjure translucent shards, a weapon more lethal than the simple staff Wong was holding tightly, almost nervously yet he wasn't backing up. "Let us get him out of your way, master."

Kaecilius was advancing already, not waiting for any indication from the lord of darkness he began to attack Wong, and the man begin to deflect the attackers. He was a good fighter, that much Dormammu realized, he was quick on his feet, he was swift to think about attack and defence, good enough of a fighter to defeat his mortal puppets. What a waste of damn time.

Wong moved to hit, a final hit but he was frozen halfway, he was stopped, more like, stopped and with no way to defend himself he turned to the one who made him halt his fight.

He went to attack Dormammu but with a wave of Carina's hand, he was sent to the side, tumbling to the collapsed buildings, to the crumble, plunging into a broken pipe, impaling him through the chest. Wong gasps, holding into the bloody tube as Carina walked towards him.

"You'll– never win." Wong chokes out, blood coming out of his mouth.

"I think I already am." With an evil grin, she twists her hands and stone fragments began to fall from the building, straight towards him but just before the stone could crash down on him

Carina woke up with a gasp. She looks about in stuttering motions, her amethyst eyes darting, her chest heaving, but despite the quick movement of her chest and the rapid inhale and exhale of air, Carina felt like her lungs were not doing what they were supposed to do. Air was not cooperating either. She was sweating but she was shivering at the same time. Carina was terrified, she stared at the green covers of her bed but she felt like she wasn't doing it either, she wasn't there in the real world, she was lost in her head. Oh, what a terrible palace to be.

She knew something was happening to her, she knew she needed to stop it before something catastrophic can happen, before she loose control more than she already has. So, Carina willed herself to close her eyes and control her breathing, though at first, it was hard, there were cracks in every deep breath she took but she managed, and then she meditated, repeating the words the Ancient One taught her.