Borrow Books.

Carina took a deep breath as soon as she took a step inside the library, she truly enjoyed the smell of old books, scented candles and burning incense

Carina took a deep breath as soon as she took a step inside the library, she truly enjoyed the smell of old books, scented candles and burning incense. Arguably she spends more time there than she did out in the world.

Her eyes travelled along the large wooden bookshelves of the library searching for Wong, but he wasn't anywhere in sight. Probably down at the master section, teaching a class or having a snack— she could go for a snack right about now too.

"Nice, right?" Carina said, looking back at Stephen, who was admiring the large library.

Stephen shrugged but nodded nonetheless. "Yeah, a bit dusty."

"The dust of thousands of years' worth of knowledge," Carina told him as she moved deeper inside the library.

"Thousand-year dust I believe." Muttered Stephen.

Carina was quick on her feet, moving eagerly to grab a few books from the shelves for Stephen.

"Right." She started as she moved along the bookshelves, leaving Stephen to stay by himself. "You should start with...." Carina stopped and popped her head out. "Wait, how many books do you want to read? Because there are quite a few and —"

"Just give me all of them."

Carina bit her lip, her gaze moved hesitantly to the books and then to Stephen. "There's no rush, you can take two at a time."

"I have a photographic memory and two doctorates." Stephen looked unamused but his tone held smugness. "I think I'll be alright."

Tutting, Carina nodded, holding back an eye roll. "Right... well then in that case you should start with the book of the invisible sun, great explanations about alchemy although a bit dated in my opinion."

She grabbed the leather cover book before moving towards another line, she stood on her tiptoes to grab another. "Then, codex imperium, the Roman law collection is interesting to read, and finally." Carina moved to grab her satchel and passed the books to Stephen. "My all-time favourite Astronomía Nova, I assure you after reading this one you'll look at the stars differently."

She took the large book out of it, she eagerly passed it to Stephen, who looked down at the three books in his hands.

"This is all?" He asked, sceptically.

Carina nodded solemnly. "For now, of course."

"I told you to—"

"You can't start with the others without reading this first, these books." She tapped the books on his hands. "Are the introduction to the arts, you can't start with more advance reading without knowing where it's based on."

Stephen sighs, nodding reluctantly. "I guess you're right."

"One would think with two doctorates you'll figure that on your own," Carina said, a soft teasing grin granting her face.