Out Of Your Head.

"Checkmate

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

        "Checkmate."  Carina smiles as she has won the game of chess against the Ancient One.

"Well played." The ancient one said with a smile but one she knew all too well.

She sighs, leaning back on the chair and crossing her arms. "You're letting me win."

"I can assure you, little star I'm not letting you win." The ancient one said calmly, the smile never changing yet her eyes shine with rare mischievousness. "You should stop doubting yourself."

"Mmhm." Carine hums, eyes full of suspicion.

"Shall we play another round?" Asked the supreme and with a flick of her hand, the pieces went back to their original position.

Grabbing a white pawn and moving it a space forward, Carina nodded. "Let's play."

Halfway through the game, something pops into Carina's mind. "Have you ever had odd dreams?"

The ancient one glanced at her after moving her knight. "Sometimes, why?"

"Like what?" She asks, tilting her head thinking about her next move.

"Like..." the ancient one, hums in thought before a small smile forms on her face. "Once I dreamt that I was a pig."

Carina giggled. "Really?"

The supreme nodded. "They called me the Rancid One."

"That's awful," Carina scrunched her nose. "Wonder what makes you dream that?"

"There is a theory that dreams are ourselves in other realities, other universes." Elaborated the ancient one with an air of wisdom. "Have you had odd dreams lately?"

"Not really.... Just sometimes." Carine hums, taking one of the Ancient One's black pawns.

The supreme observes the bord thoughtfully. "And what do you dream about, little star?"

"Odd places." Carina pauses, tilting her head with a soft frown as she recalls the last dream she had. "People, weird faceless creatures."

"Faceless creatures?" asks the supreme, eyes shining with curiosity.

"But they were not gruesome like one would imagine, more like a puppy with wings and– look."

Carina pulled her satchel up on her legs, forgetting all about the chess game that she was about to win and grabbed her sketchbook out of it. She passes page after page, drawings and colours covering the white paper, Carina settle on the pages near the end of the book, where she had drawn the creature she was speaking of, along with the hybrid horse she saw and a rough sketch of the village.

She passed the book to the Ancient One, who contemplates it, eyes roaming in-between drawings.

"They were nice, funny like puppies and those with the horns were also nice, a lot more calm." Carina told her, tilting her head to look at the drawings, frowning at the lack of colors. "I would have also painted the colours too but I don't have much paint left. Do you think that maybe I could go to the market soon?"

𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚋𝚘𝚍𝚢 𝚃𝚘 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎 (1)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें