➪THIRTY SIX

I sit against the table inside of what seemed to be the dining room, a bowl of fruit in my hand

I sit against the table inside of what seemed to be the dining room, a bowl of fruit in my hand. It surprised me that the refrigerator was full of things to eat since the penthouse back at Seattle is rarely. We had dinner a few hours ago, but something just called my name in the middle of the night. It's 2:00am to be exact, I just couldn't sleep. Mostly because of my mind boggling thoughts that protrude when I don't want them to. I can't keep my mind from rambling, babbling about things that I feel I have no control over.

Nicco has been the main source. I can't help but think about what he's asking me. I want to be enough for him, I crave to make him happy but the only way he seems to get his happiness is through control. Yeah sex is there, but he needs control in all aspects.

It's just a bunch of emotions flowing through my body. Happiness, sorrow, anger. I can't differentiate what I'm feeling most of the time and I feel that it will slowly drive me insane.

I'm not able to ponder on my thoughts for too long because Nicco walks past the arch in the wall, making his way inside and placing his eyes against me. His joggers hang low on his waist and he is shirtless, a silver chain hanging from his neck.

"You got out of bed" he says. He slowly starts to make his way towards me as I hum and nod, giving him a small answer. I did get out of bed, I needed to get up.

"My brain hurts" I reply. A very small, almost non existent smile is plastered on his face before he reaches closer to me. He puts his hand on my cheek in a very comforting way, a way I've never felt before him. He's so soft and gentle with me.

"Is there something bothering you?" He asks. His hand goes down to cup my chin and like before he tilts my head upwards and places a kiss on my lips. When he pulls back he leans closer to me and snuggles his nose into my neck.

He is so warm. He feels so good.

"A bit". Once I say the words he pulls away to look at me, wanting to tend to whatever I needed.

"Tell me. I'll make it better". Nicco says the one thing I wish I could say to him. Hearing those words are so comforting. It makes you feel as if what the person is saying is completely true. And it is. Nicco will make it better. I just wish I could do the same for him.

"I want to be enough for you. But I'm not sure how to compromise" I say. His eyebrows crease further confusion.

"Compromise? What do you want to change?" As he talks he pulls his hand to place it beside me. "Sienna you're perfect. I just want to be sure that we both feel secure. Is this about our relationship?".

I nod and he stays quiet as he looks into my eyes. "Are you happy? With me?" I ask and he nods as if he didn't have to think about it.

"Of course I am" he pulls both of his hands up to cup my face. "Are you?".

"Yes. But I hear the way you talk about how you want things to go. I've just been thinking about it. It may take some time to learn to listen to whatever you say" I tell him and a small smile creases on his cheeks.