Chapter 49 : All In

His soft lips moving against mine felt so comforting yet intoxicating. I tightened my grasp around his nape and tiptoed a little more to kiss him better. I could feel the heat emanating from his body, and I'm pretty sure he could also feel mine.

"Tangina, Joana," he whispered as he pressed me harder against the wall while holding me even tighter.

Hearing him curse made me burn terribly. It was nice meeting Drunk Cyprus San Carlos. Really freaking nice.

I shivered inwardly when he started caressing the side of my exposed waist. Hugging me was one thing, but touching me sensually was another. Nakakasira ng bait.

My eyes flung open when I felt his hand slowly creep up my shirt. His hands were only by the sides of my waist, but one of his thumbs were starting to reach and graze my underboob.

I pulled away from our kiss, gasping for air. He tried to catch my lips again but I turned my face away from him and pointed the crowd not too far from us. "We're still at the bar."

I never thought there would come a day that Cyprus and I would be making out at the dark corner of a bar. Sana nasa Romolus Rogue na lang kami, at least I know that place like the back of my hand—sisiw lang na makahanap ng magandang make out spot.

"Sorry." He chuckled and leaned his forehead against mine, his hot breath laced with alcohol fanning against my face. "Should we leave?"

I snickered and playfully head-butted him. "You will so freaking regret your actions tomorrow."

He giggled and planted a soft peck of kiss above my lips. "Bakit? Gusto ko naman 'to. Gusto kita. Gusto mo rin ako."

I shivered at his words and ended up giggling uncontrollably. Hindi ko na alam kung kinikilig ba ako o nagki-cringe sa pinagsasabi niya.

Marahan ko na lamang na hinawakan ang pisngi niya. "Let's get you sobered up before you do things you'll regret in the morning, okay?"

He closed his eyes and smiled with a nod. "Yes, Ma'am."

Hindi ko na napigilan pang bumuntonghininga. "And they said Goose and I are the weirdest when drunk."

I held his hand and guided him to the backdoor. The moment we stepped foot into the poorly-lit alley, sumalubong agad sa amin ang malamig na simoy ng hangin—malayong-malayo sa loob ng bar na damang-dama mo ang lahat ng usok at amoy ng alak. However, the breath of fresh air was cut short when we got a whiff of vomit, pee, and whatever disgusting smell lingering in the narrow alley.

Pareho kaming napatakip ni Cyprus sa ilong at nagtawanan. We started walking, holding hands. However, I started hearing a pair of footsteps from behind us. I held Cyprus' hand tighter and swallowed hard. Something didn't feel right.

I looked at Cyprus, but he seemed oblivious to the person behind us. Patuloy lang siyang naglalakad, diretso ang tingin habang pangiti-ngiti. I wanted to let him know that someone's behind us, but I hesitated, scared that I might only escalate the situation and make things go from bad to worse. I remembered how Argentina once told me never to panic or antagonize a bad guy, unless I actually have to. Besides, there's also a possibility na naglalakad lang talaga ang kung sino mang nasa likuran namin at masyado lang akong praning dahil sa mga itinanim nina Argentina sa isip ko.