13. "What are you smiling at?"

Mila's POV

After Nate and I fucked in school we haven't really been getting better. Even though it had just been last week, things felt different with him. 

We haven't been intimate really but he just felt more distanced to me than before. 

"Hey Babe", I smiled kissing his cheek. "Hey beautiful how are you?", he asked as I approached him by his truck. "I'm fine and you", I smiled leaning onto him. 

Even though he was acting weird I still loved him, I missed what we had and how much he adored me. 

"You wanna hang out later?", I asked playing with his shirt a little. "Uhm I'm kinda busy Mi", he explained pushing my hand off of his grey t-shirt. 

"What are you doing?", I asked confused, it was a Friday night, what would he be doing?

"McKay asked me if we wanted to go to the gym together and then eat", Nate explained looking down on me. 

Something was different, his eyes. They used to be a soft golden brown but today they were dark, almost black. Staring into them was like staring at a blank piece of paper. 

"Oh uhm, maybe afterwards?", I asked hoping to spend some time with my boyfriend. We had only met up once last week just to hang out and fuck, honestly. 

"Mila I can't promise you anything", he muttered kissing the top of my head. "But when are we gonna hang out together? Or you know go out?", I asked missing our date nights. 

Date night with Nate used to be so much fun, he would act like a gentleman. Even though a lot of people don't think Nate is good company, since he appeared to be an angry asshole most of the time, he was actually fun to be around. 

"I have no idea, Mila I have a lot of shit on my plate right now. The football season is coming up and shit like that, maybe we can go out next week", he explained pushing himself off of his truck. 

I nodded not really wanting to respond to him. 

Nate grabbed my hand intertwining our fingers, he smiled at me softy, which made my heart flutter a little. I grabbed onto him tightly scared of losing him. 

We walked into the school together and into our first and only class we shared, Geography. 

Before we could enter the classroom we passed Cassie. I hadn't seen her all morning for whatever reason, Maddy even gave me a ride to school but when I saw Cassie my eyes almost fell out of my head.

She was wearing my clothes and I could have sworn she even wore my fucking fragrance she gave me for Christmas. 

Nate looked just as confused as we passed her. 

"What the fuck was that?", I asked him. "I have no idea maybe she's going through a crisis", Nate shrugged it off and kept on walking. "Maybe". 

-

After class was over Nate walked to his next class. 

"Bye babe, maybe we can hang out tomorrow. I love you", he smiled kissing my lips quickly before heading off. 

"Bye, love you too", I muttered. I know I wanted to keep my distance towards him but since he told me that it was probably Maddys' underwear, I just felt stupid. Nate wouldn't cheat on me, he loves me too much but something was definitely off. 

I walked into my next class which was Maths, luckily Maddy was in my class and we could sit together. 

"Hey bitch", she smiled as I sat down on the seat next to her. "Hey Mads", I smiled.