32. "He was just a kid"

!Possible Trigger warning!

Mila's POV

When we got to Fezco's house, many policemen were walking around. I gasped before quickly jumping out of Maddy's car and walking towards the house entrance, ignoring most of the officer's questioning.

"Sorry Ma'am this is a crime scene, you can't cross", one of the officers said. 

I looked up at him, what had happened?

I glanced around for a second trying to understand what had happened. There was an ambulance, where one of the officers was getting help.

My glance fell onto one of the cop cars and I could make out a very thin person, Faye. Why was she in a cop car?

"I'm- what happened?", I asked confused. 

"There was a shooting. Can I help you?", the officer asked as he noticed the worried expression on my face. 

"I don't know, I'm the sister of the man who lives here", I lied. "Oh uhm, Miss O'Neill, you can go inside then", the officer smiled weakly as he stepped out of my way. 

Without hesitating another second I ran inside the house, I heard loud crying. 

I quickly looked around and saw Fezco sitting on the ground, his head in his hands while bawling his eyes out. 

Immediately I rushed down towards him and slung my arms around him. "Sh, you're okay, I'm here", I whispered as the boy in front of me pulled me into his arms. 

His face was buried in my chest as I just kept holding him, what the fuck had happened?

I glance around the house and noticed a lot of shooting holes in the bathroom wall and a huge pool of blood on the floor. 

"What happened?", I whispered softly. "They shot him", the boy choked out before his crying became even more. 

"Who?", I asked thinking about who would also be here. 

Within seconds it hit me like a train, Ashtray. 

"Oh my god", I whispered as tears started to roll down my cheeks as well. I hugged Fez even tighter to my body trying to hold all of his pieces together. 

"It's gonna be okay, Fez", I whispered caressing his back softly. 

"I'm never gonna see him again, I'm never gonna talk to him again. Mi, he is my brother", Fezco cried looking up into my eyes. 

His eyes showed me his broken soul and I had never felt more heartbreak in my entire life. 

"He was just a kid", Fez added looking towards the bathroom door. 

"I know Fez, I know", I whispered. You couldn't really say anything else in that situation, Ash was a kid. Even though he seemed like an adult most of the time, he was still a kid. 

"I miss him already", Fez whispered while his sobs started to calm down. 

"I know Fez, me too. But he'll always be there for you, he's still watching over you", I whispered. 

Fez nodded and didn't say another word, he probably wanted to stop crying and decided maybe talking wasn't the best. 

I silently agreed with him as we sat in his demolished hallway in complete silence, mourning the death of his little brother. 

Ash and I weren't that close but he was still a part of us. I was going to miss his laugh, the cut in his eyebrow, his way of wanting to be in control of everything.