Chapter 11 - Gorgeous

Nobody understands you
You ain't nothing they can handle
Every man you put your hands on
You make him feel so god damn handsome

I feel, ooh, so pretty whenever you're around
Feel ten feet off the ground. "

'Gorgeous' -  X-Ambassadors

************************************

Shannon had been gone a couple of hours by now and Emily was worried sick. She'd tried to call him numerous times and his phone would just ring through to voicemail. Messages went unanswered and she didn't know what else to do.

Eventually after pacing around the lounge for the 52749th time, she gave in and did the one thing she dreaded doing. Phoning Emma to ask for Jared's number. She was going to have to bite the bullet and tell Jared what happened and ask him if he had any ideas as to where his older brother could be.

Emily sighed, and scrolled through her contacts to 'E', found Emma's number and dialled. She picked up after a couple of rings.

"Hey Em! Is everything OK? Did I get you everything you needed for your meal with Shannon tonight?"

"Erm...yeah. Everything's fine. I-I was wondering if you could do me a favour?"

"Sure. What would you like me to do? Are you OK? You sound upset? What's he done now? Am I going to have to come round there and smack hi-"

"Shannon'sgoneoffsomewhereandIdontknowwhereandIreallyreallyneedJared'snumberrightnow." Emily blurted out.

"Ok. You're going to have to say that again but at half the speed. Shannon's gone. Gone where?"

"I don't know Emma. Something happened, I...erm...I messed up. I really hurt him and he's driven off somewhere. I-I don't know where to, but he's not answering his phone. I-I really need Jared's help to find him." She hiccupped and babbled at the same time.

"What happened between you two?"

"I erm...accidently called him James." Emily blushed as she told Emma.

"Oh..."

"I...er...it just slipped out. Emma I really need Jared's number can you text it to me. Or get him to call me."

"Sure. Hang on. He's right here actually. Jay..."

Emily heard muffled voices then Jared appeared on the phone.

"Can't keep away hey? You know; I enjoyed our little meeting earlier."

Emily cringed when she heard him say this.

"Look Jay. I need your help." She decided to cut to the chase.

"What's my brother done now?" She heard Jared sigh.

"It's more me."

"Ok..."

"Shannon's gone and I don't know where."

"What do you mean gone?"

"He's gone OK. He left in his truck and I have no idea where he can have gone! I've tried calling him endlessly and texting, but he's not picking up, or won't."

"What the hell happened?"

"Erm...I'd rather not say."

"Oooh. Did you suddenly blurt out about how much you want me?" She heard Jared lower his voice to her and then the sound of a door clicking closed. "Whilst my brother banged you."