Chapter 34 - Kiss

" You got to not talk dirty, baby
If you wanna impress me
You can't be too flirty, mama
I know how to undress me (Yeah)
I want to be your fantasy
Maybe you could be mine
You just leave it all up to me
We could have a good time. "

'Kiss' - Prince
*****************************

"You are OK with moving to Shannon's room tonight, aren't you?" Emily turned and spoke to Jared after Shannon had left.

"Honestly. It's fine." He gathered up some stuff from the coffee table and took it over to his rucksack.

Emily stood there, still holding the sunflowers and garment bag that Shannon had given her. "Do you have anything in the bathroom that you want to get before I go take a shower?"

"Oh, yeah. Hang on a second." He breezed past her to the bathroom whilst Emily hung the 'GUCCI' garment bag on the front of the wardrobe, slowly unzipping it, not knowing what to expect inside.

She caught a glimpse of some crimson and gently pulled the garment out. It was a gorgeous deep rich red velvet floor-length evening gown.

The front cut down to a deep 'V' that ended just above her navel, whilst the bottom half overlapped like a wrap around, with a just-above-the-knee slit.

Fixed at the waistline was a beautifully embroidered sacred heart appliqué on black fabric. Emily could tell that the patch was vintage and wondered if it had come from Alessandro's personal collection.

The waist band was elasticated and would come to rest snuggly just at the top of her bump on her empire line.

She also found a stunning embroidered baby blanket wrapped in black tissue paper in a Gucci box and a cream envelope, edged in black with 'Emily' handwritten in beautiful calligraphy script on the front.

"Are you OK, Emily?" Jared's voice cut through her thoughts.

She suddenly spun around to face him, holding the envelope.

"Yeah, I'm fine, thanks. Just...er...my mind is blown at the moment, that's all." She managed a vague laugh.

Jared gave her a smile and crossed the room to stand in front of her.

"Did Lesso write you a letter?"

"Mmmhmm...I'll have to read it later, though, as I need to get changed or we'll be late for dinner. He also sent me a gorgeous embroidered baby blanket. Look."

She held out the black linen blanket, embroidered with all sorts of mythical creatures, including a fire-breathing dragon.

"Alessandro has great vision. That's why I love working with him because he always gets my crazy ideas." Jared smiled at her.

"I better get dressed and have a shower." Emily turned, taking the blanket from Jared and placing it on the bed with the letter, making her way into the bathroom.

************************************

The bathroom door cracked open slightly, and Emily poked her head out, holding up her dress to her front.

"Jay?" She looked around until she saw him sitting out on the balcony. "Jay?" She called out a little louder this time and shuffled into the bedroom, still clutching the dress.

He turned and looked over his shoulder at her from the chair he was sitting in.

"Yeah?"

"Um...could you- c-can you-"

"You want me to zip you up?" A smile formed on his face.

She nodded, chewing her bottom lip.

"Sure." He got out of the chair and walked up to her, moving to stand behind her.