Chapter 24 - To Tell You The Truth

" Take me now, oh
Feel your breath as it heightens
Your chest starts to tighten
Let euphoria surround you
Like planets colliding
You stare in my eyes and...
I watch it ignite in you

To tell you the truth
I'd die for you
I'm at the door screaming
Take me now! "

'To Tell You The Truth' -  Written By Wolves

************************************

**That Evening**

Shannon was catching up on some work related emails, whilst Emily was lounging on her couch, curled up with a mug of Ginger Tea.

He had wrapped her up in a blanket whilst he sat at her kitchen island, furiously typing away on his laptop.

Finally, he had managed to secure a location to launch his Black Fuel business adventure, and at last, it seemed as though he'd be able to make his dream a reality and hopefully as soon. When they were back from tour.

Pausing from typing, he began drumming absent-mindedly with a pen on a notepad he had to his side, thinking.

If he wanted to fund his business to its full potential, he could do with some extra money, and some extra money wouldn't go amiss to help out Emily and the baby, either.

Shannon wasn't strapped for cash, but the extra money would mean that he would be able to give both Emily and the baby a comfortable life if Emily allowed him to do that.

Thinking for a moment longer, his mind flitted to the second house he owned in Seattle. He had bought it after his split from Cara, where he had gone off the rails completely.

Their split had really and truly broken his heart at the time. She had been his first true love and always would be. He couldn't deny that. But over time, the ache had dulled slightly, and his time in Seattle, he could attribute to that.

The peace and tranquillity of the nature and atmosphere of the city had done wonders. A lot of soul-searching and mending had been done there, but he knew it was time to move on and start a new chapter in his life, and that chapter involved Emily and her baby.

It was time to sell the place.

Turning his head in the direction of where Emily sat. He stopped and stared at her as she sat watching the TV.

Even just looking at her now; innocently sitting engrossed in the TV show she was watching, made his heart flutter. He hadn't realised how long he must have been staring at her for until he saw that her own emerald green eyes were now transfixed on him, questioningly.

"What?" She asked him softly, a small crease forming between her eyebrows as she frowned.

Shannon blinked a few times, bringing himself back into the present, before he cleared his throat.

"Oh...erm...nothing." He could feel heat spreading from round the back of his neck and slowly rising to the tips of his ears.

"Why are you blushing?" Emily's frown turned into a bemused smile as she watched him flush crimson.