Chapter 16 - Suffocating Under Words of Sorrow

What can I do to make you see? (You're guilty!)
What can I do to make you feel, you're wanted?
What can I do to make you see? (You're guilty!)
I'm suffocating under words of sorrow. "

'Suffocating Under Words of Sorrow'- Bullet For My Valentine

************************************

**12:15pm**

Emily and Shannon caught an Uber to Anchorage General Hospital and arrived 10 minutes early for her antenatal appointment. They slowly made their way, hand in hand up to Dr Newman's office.

Once in the lift, Shannon lent in and kissed Emily, stroking her baby bump again.

"You're glowing today. I've heard women talk about pregnancy glow, but you really are today."

Emily smiled at him and kissed him back. "Thank you. And thank you for all that you've done for me."

"I haven't done much."

"You have. Just being there for me. It means a lot. Just having your support, like coming for this scan with me when I know how crazy your schedule is."

"I want to Emily. If I didn't, I wouldn't bother." He linked fingers with one of her hands and brought it up to his mouth and kissed her knuckles.

"I love you."

"I love you too babe." Shannon smiled at her as the lift pinged to announce its arrival to the 5th floor Antenatal clinic. Emily stepped out and took Shannon's hand once more as they walked along the corridor to Dr Newman's clinic.

Emily checked in with the Receptionist and they both sat down to wait to be called forward for her appointment.

There was another lady sat there on her own and much further along than she was. Emily glanced across before whispering to Shannon, "Fuck! Is that how big I'm going to get? I hope I'm not having twins!"

Shannon sniggered at the horror written all over Emily's face at seeing the size of the girl sat just a bit down from them.

"Oh! I'm glad someone finds this whole thing so amusing. I'm the one who's got to squeeze it out of my virgina...somehow. Maybe I can ask for a caesarean."

"Look! Calm down. You're nowhere near that stage yet, you'll get to discuss all of this with the midwife and Dr Newman."

"Yeah, but I will be at some stage eventually."

Shannon felt his phone vibrate from his trouser pocket and pulled it out to look at it.

"By the way. Mom's asking who the girl you're with in the photos is? -Just a heads up."

"Fucksake. Asshole." He mumbled after reading Jared's text he'd just sent.

"What's happened now?" Emily questioned him.

"My dickhead of a brother just messaged to tell me that our mum is asking who you are in the photos with me. He must have sent her the link to article I showed you. I'm so sorry about this."

"Are you going to tell her about us?"

"I don't know. We'll discuss it later when I've cleared my head a bit and not said something to Jay that I doubt I'll regret. Mum will love you though. Maybe some time after I'm back from tour and you come to visit, I can invite her round for a meal so you two can get to know one another?"

He shoved his phone back in his pocket. Just as he did, a door clicked open and Dr Newman appeared and smiled at the two of them sat there together in the Waiting Room.

Finally Feel Good (Book 2)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें