Chapter 27 - Free Bird

" If I leave here tomorrow
Would you still remember me?
For I must be traveling on now
'Cause there's too many places I've got to see.

But if I stayed here with you, girl,
Things just couldn't be the same.
'Cause I'm as free as a bird now." 

'Free Bird' - Lynyrd Skynyrd

************************************

**Wednesday**

Emily was currently on a plane, ready to fly into San Francisco.

The guys had only been on tour for a day so far and were still in California. So she was flying out to join them in San Francisco where they would be performing tonight. After that, they would be driving onto Oregon, to Eugiene.

She was nervous because she had never done anything like this ever before, but Shannon was right. She needed him around, somewhat. They needed to deal with things together.

Jared, was a whole other matter and one that she was going to have to deal with as and when, and hopefully the tour would be taking up the majority of his attention anyway.

As far as she knew, Jared had no idea she would be joining them on tour and she planned to keep things that way until she guessed the inevitable would happen; he'd see her on the bus.

One of the other things she was slightly anxious about was the sleeping arrangements. Would she be getting her own bunk? Would she be sharing with Shannon?

No doubt there would be times that they would want to be intimate with one another, but after the run in she'd had previously with Jared at his party, she was now going to be really self-concious about herself and Shannon and her doing that because she wouldn't want Jared to be perving on them or listening in on her.

She still hadn't worked out how he had been able to in the first place and that's what creeped her out the most.

The pilot announced over the tannoy that they would be landing shortly, so Emily started to pack away her things.

Luckily, the flight hadn't been too long and California was in the same time zone as Alaska, so that side of things wouldn't be messing with her body, which would be the last thing she would be needing right now.

It had been an evening flight and the guys were already at the venue for tonight; the Bill Graham Auditorium, as the flight was only taking 1hr 25 it would be arriving at 6:15pm.

Shannon had hoped that there may be enough time for them to get some food to eat before they were due on stage, even if it only meant that they would sit backstage and eat together. Emily hadn't decided if she would stay back there or go back to the bus in the meantime to get some rest. There would be plenty of other times for her to catch the guys performing.

Once she arrived and collected her suitcase, she found Emma's number, which Shannon had given her and dialed it.

"Hello. Emma Ludbrook speaking."

"Oh hey Enma. It's Emily. Shannon told me to give you a ring once I'd arrived."

"Emily! It's so good to hear from you. It's been far too long. I'm actually already here. If you come out to Arrivals I'll be there waiting with security."

"Security?"

"Erm...yeah. Becsuse of working with Jay, fans have started to recognise me as his Personal Assistant, so when they see me, they assume he's here somewhere as well. Perks of the job I guess."

"Ok, well I'll just come out and find you. I'll see you in a bit."

"Sure, bye."

"Bye."