Chapter 28 - Fragile Tension

" There's a fragile tension
That's keeping us going
It may not last forever
But oh well, it's blowing

There's something magical in the air
Something so tragic we have to care... "

'Fragile Tension' - Depeche Mode

************************************

**1:07am**

Shannon and Tomo made their ways upstairs to the sleeping area. Jared was busy in the lounge area below busy catching up on yet more emails, despite having just performed an hour and a half show.

"Catch you later, man. Glad Emily arrived safely." Tomo told Shannon in a quiet voice as he pulled back the curtain go his bunk and rummaged around for his glasses.

"Thanka bro. You were awesome tonight."

"I was? What about you. Shanimal?" Tomo gave him a wink.

"I don't think any of that is going to be happening tonight."

Tomo chuckled.

Shannon walked a little further down the rows of bunks until he stood outside his own and slowly pulled back the curtain.

Emily was sleeping peacefully with her back to him. Shannon reached out and brushed some hair away from her neck to lean down and softly kiss it. He didn't want to startle her, but at the same time needed to get to his bunk to grab some stuff.

"Mmmm."

"Em. Babe. Wake up Sleepyhead." He whispered to her, whilst still placing gentle, sensual kisses up her neck.

Eventually, she stirred and rolled over to face him, her eyes gradually opening and becoming adjusted to her surroundings.

"Mmm. Are you alone?" She smiled a sleepy smile at him.

"Yeah we are. I already took a shower at the venue but I need to get my deodorant and toothbrush. I'm sorry to wake you up."

"It's OK. Hang on a second." She rolled onto her back and stretched before sitting up and swinging her legs over the edge to slide down.

Shannon moved to place a hand either side of her on the mattress, trapping her there momentarily.

"Well move then."

He quipped an eyebrow at her.

"Bossy."

"No. Just grouchy, sorry."

"It's fine. You looked adorable when you were sleeping." He lent in and down to catch her lips, before she moved her hands up to cup his face.

"You smell nice."

"Good. I didn't want to be stinky if we're going to be getting cosy tonight."

Yeah. You better lower your expectations tonight, because I can guarantee to you, that will not be happening."

"Well you can get on a plane and go home then. I'm only kidding, I'm tired too and just want to hold you. You've been gone from me far too long for my liking." He gave her another quick peck on the lips, then stood back to let her get out, taking her hands to help her because of her stomach.