«Chapter 3: Truth»

Sigyn felt a weird sensation inside pulling and stabbing her, all this pain was fear. Fear of what may happen. Could this truly have been Lorelei's doing? It seemed impossible. The sister who was locked up for 4 centuries may be back.

She was sent to a special reformatory where all the other crazy prisoners were. Of course, in the dark regions in Niflheim. Where no one had been able to escape, she could only have done it if she had help. But who...?

The thought of it made her shiver. She turned to the window and saw the sun at the horizon. It was nearing dark and the library was closing. She packed her things and lead Fenrir out. The journey home felt longer than usual. She still couldn't get her head around what happened. All she knew was that Lorelei could be the reason all these people went missing and that she could be on the hunt for Sigyn as well.

This could be the prophesied Ragnarök, the end of Asgard. Sigyn knew she couldn't let her home end in that fate.

"*Clatter,*" she whipped her head around when the noise of some chaos reached her ears.

She saw a few pots and pans on the ground in a nearby shop. It was obviously closed so there was no possibility a customer could still be there.

"Oppholde seg, Fenrir," she whispered in his ear.

Sigyn jumped of her friend and slowly made her way to the store. Fenrir's growl could be heard as he did not trust whatever was going on. She turned the corner and was met with a man with blonde locks, a man she never thought she would see again.

"Theoric?" the boy whipped his head and almost dropped the swords he was carrying, "Goodness, everyone thought you were kidnapped! What are you doing here?"

At first it didn't seem odd for him to be carrying that many swords as he was one of the guards at the palace. He worked for her father and was a very noble soldier. Sigyn then took a closer look at what he had at hand. Dozens upon dozens of Aflfheim's finest swords that a normal person couldn't pay for to get one.

"Theoric are you going to pay for those swords?"

The boy finally met her eyes again and broke out into a somewhat false grin, "Well if it isn't my darling Sigyn, you look stunning today," he said eyeing her up and down, "Love the hair. Have you done something with your hair?"

Even a child could see he was hiding something.

"Theo, the swords"

He looked down to the swords at hand and said, "Oh yes, Ugg is at the back making them for an um guys night,"

Sigyn raised her brow and asked, "Where were you, the whole village thought you and Ugg were kidnapped,"

"Oh you know people and their silly rumours spread easily. ME and the boys were just out hunting for a week and now everyone thinks we got kidnapped,"

"The boys and I,"

"That's what I said," he wasn't the best at grammar, or lying.

Sigyn kept her face neutral and said, "Tis getting quite late so I must be home now," she put her arm over her chest, a sign of respect and spoke, "Enjoy guys night Theoric,"

"Goodbye my lovely Sigyn," he said winking at her.

She fought the urge to throw up as she jumped on Fenrir and turned. Of course Sigyn didn't leave. Instead, she turned Fenrir into another shop and snuck into it. She peered through the back window to see what they were doing. She waited a few moments until Ugg came out of the back carrying many swords.

"Great job kid, you really tricked that little scamp," he said looking down at Theoric.

Ugg was a giant. She wouldn't be supressed if he was half Jotun. He towered over many Asgardians in the city and most were intimidated by his appearance.

Theoric broke into a devilish grin and said, "Well of course any maiden could fall for my ravishing looks"

'What an idoit,' Sigyn thought to herself.

She never understood how he attracted almost half the young women on Asgard. Theoric was one of those people who show off their looks and talents a little too much.

"Now let's go, Lorelei is waiting for us," Ugg spoke.

"For Lorelei" they said in unison.

Sigyn paled. So it really was her. After all this time she was back. Sigyn had no time to lose. She couldn't have confronted them right now, so she jumped onto Fenrir and rode straight home. Sigyn was panting heavily as she tried to get the words out of her mouth. Her mother came forth and gently placed her hands on her shoulders.

"Breathe darling breathe, tell me what happened," just as Sigyn was about to tell her mother what happened her father barged in.

"We need to go to the palace right now, come there is no time to lose," he said sternly.

He grabbed Sigyn and Ingrid and strutted out of the door.

Fenrir came along too and Iwaldi hadn't even noticed until he started growling at him. They charged to the palace and started going down a set of stairs. Iwaldi told Fenrir to wait at the top which he didn't like because he was very protective over Sigyn. They scurried down the stairs and Iwaldi led them into the dungeons.

"Father why are we in the dungeons?" Sigyn asked.

The man didn't reply as he led them to one of the cells.

"*Oof*", Sigyn and her mother fell to the floor of one of the prison cells and when they looked up Iwaldi was standing on the other side.

"Iwaldi what is the meaning of this?" her mother said hurt.

"Long live Lorelei!"her father replied.

His eyes. How had she not seen them before? She noticed that his eyes were blinded by the real world and filled with anger against them. Lorelei had taken control of her father and commanded him to throw Ingrid and Sigyn in the cell.

She turned around and saw many others in the cell too. Lorelei had even captured Good Lady Sif. One of Asgard's fiercest female warriors. By Odin's beard even Queen Frigga was locked up with her. It seems her plan was to slowly gather males from each household and make them lock up all the females, so they don't try to defeat Lorelei. That explains all the swords. It was an extra precaution.

"Sigyn!" a voice cried from up the stairs. "Sigyn! What's going on?!"

Fenrir. Sigyn ran up to the glass and tried to touch it. It electrocuted her hand so she took a step back. Her furry friend ran down the stairs but before Sigyn could tell him to escape purple smoke was thrown directly into his eyes.

"Fenrir!" but Fenrir couldn't hear Sigyn for he had been thrown with nattstøv, a plant that can make any beast or being fall straight to sleep. His eyes were burning, like flames were thrown into them. The soldiers took out their leads and started binding up Fenrir. The tight metal rope cut into his skin and blood trickled out. It stained the floor, and he was dragged up the stairs by his neck.

Sigyn tried to scream. Tried to shout. But it was like a dream, she was frozen in place. The screams of the children and the cries of the mothers asking why their husbands, brothers and sons were doing this. Was it truly Ragnarök? Sigyn started to feel weak. Her legs felt as though they were jabbed with a thousand needles and her body became tighter. She heard the dying words of her mother.

Then black.

Hey y'all, hope you guys liked chap 3. Sorry abt cliff hanger I'll post the next chap soon :(

But thank you for 7 votes and I hope you guys like the book so far. There's a Nanihoo drawing up above. Pls comment and tell me if I could change anything or give me ideas for the story. This is just one story in the big book of Sigyn so it would be great if you guys could give me some plot ideas.

Lots of Love 

SigynFan