«Chapter 22: Watching»

Sigyn POV

"Now what?" asked a soldier.

Sif turned and glared at the man, but I put my hand on her shoulder. He was right. Now what.

"We find trace of her. We will not leave until my wife is back in one piece. Spread out!" father called.

I walked towards the gates and placed my hand on the skull shaped handle. It felt cold. Not normal winter cold, but a deathly cold. Almost ghostly. Something that would leave the hair on the back of your neck standing and send shivers of fear down your spine. That's what happened to me.

"Sigyn?" Loki said touching my shoulder.

I jumped up in surprise and through him to the gate. He was knelt in front of me with my knee in his chest and sword at his neck.

"Wow darling!" he said putting his hands in the air.

"Loki! You scared the seiðr out of me!" I screeched.

He gave a dark chuckle before purring, "As much as I love our current position, I'd prefer we continue without a sword at my neck,"

I flushed and my hair went pink to the roots. I scrambled off him, sheathing my sword.

"S-sorry,"

He got up and dusted himself off.

"Oh darling," he stalked up and whispered in my ear, "I only asked for the dagger to be put down."

Loki smirked at my flustered appearance. Damn this stupid god. But thank the heavens for Fenrir.

"Sigyn! Look here," I whipped my head around to find my friend standing before a cave entrance.

Loki and I jogged over, and the others followed close behind. The cave entrance he found was in a large mountain that was planted halfway in our side of the wall and the other. It led into 3 different tunnels, each as dark as night. One by one we entered the dark humid cave and lit torches. Even with our new forms of light, the ends of each tunnel could not be seen.

"Good job Fenrir," I said giving him a scratch between the ears.

"Split into three groups and each take a separate tunnel," called my father.

He and the soldiers went through the right tunnel, Thor and his friends went to the middle one and Loki, Fenrir and I went into the left. Fenrir followed behind as the God of Mischief and I worked forth. Him holding our source of light.

The tunnel was warm, and water dripped from the top. Bugs of all kinds were scattered across the rocky floor as we trekked our way through. It felt as though it got warmer and warmer as we went deeper and deeper.

"Sigyn?"

"Hmm?" I said looking up at him.

"Why were you so panicked when I tapped you on the shoulder?" he questioned.

I looked down before replying, "Nothing it's – it's quite stupid,"

"Tell me,"

I sighed before looking up, "I felt. I felt this weird sort of chill when I touched the handles of the door. Something that would turn one's hair white. I don't know how to explain it and what makes it worse is..."

"Is?"

I paused and then answered him, "This. All this. A few months ago I was living a normal life. As your general nobody in Asgard and now. Now I'm some sort of hero to Asgard. And because of that my mother has been taken,"