«Chapter 8: Queen»

Sigyn and Fenrir stayed on the tree for a few more moments until he got up and gestured for her to jump on.

She climbed onto her furry friend and gazed at the small wisps of green emitting from him. She could stare at them for a thousand years if she wanted to. But sadly, she had to go home to eat before she died of malnutrition.

As they rode through the calm woods, there was an awkward silence between them. Fenrir did not know what to say and Sigyn noticed this. So she was the first to speak up:

"I know what you're thinking, and I think you should stop thinking that."

"I cannot help thinking what I am thinking! It is extremely hard because it's a big thought keeps recurring in my mind. There is not a way for me to stop thinking what I am thinking without stopping thinking about other things like breathing, walking, talking – "

"Okay, okay I get it, you can stop saying the word thinking now,"

"Sorry," Fenrir replied out of breath.

"I know I shouldn't have yelled at him, but it's hard to store these feelings in," Sigyn took a big breath, "Ever since she went to the reformatory all those years ago, I only had a couple of moments where my life felt normal. Everyone would stare, watch, and talk about it. And now, that I put her back, everyone looks at me like I am some sort of hero. But I never feel that way. I had to lock up my own blood sister and to feel accepted by people."

"You know, I had siblings as well. I had a brother named Jörmungandr and a sister named Hel. He was a snake, and she was half dead."

Sigyn looked at him in confusion.

"I know right? Family reunions are never the best. My mama Angrboða tossed him into the Midgardian Ocean and her to Niflheim. And me, well you found me wondering through the woods of Asgard."

Sigyn chuckled at the memory.

"So you see, my family isn't that great and the things we did weren't the best but that doesn't mean I should lock myself up in a cave and whine."

"You're right Fenrir, I should go tell him sorry, but I already know that what happened will always be in my mind."

"That is true, it will not go away as hard as you try. But if you learn to accept it, you will be flying faster than a Valkyrie,"

Sigyn gave her furry friend a tight squeeze. The tips of her copper orange her began turning a light shade of yellow to show her happiness.

"Thanks bud,"

"Now I can smell your mother's Lapskaus and Kjøttkaker from here and I'm starving."

Sigyn laughed at him, "Ok come on Fen."

He let out a mighty howl and ran through the forest.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

As they arrived at Sigyn's house a group of children were sitting outside. They walked up to her, and the mighty beast holding a flower crown in their petite hands. Sigyn jumped off and bowed down to their height where they placed the crown delicately onto her head. They gave Fenrir a little scratch and ran off home. As Sigyn entered the house, the smell of her mother's cooking hit her in the face.

"Ah Sigyn darling your home! Be a dear and mix that Lapskaus please and Fenrir? Could you go pick a few carrots from outsides?"

"Yes Milady Ingrid," he replied. But of course, Sigyn's mother could not understand what he had said so he also gave her a simple nod.

"I heard your father paid you a visit,"

"Yes mother,"

"Didn't go well I'm guessing?"

"No, I yelled at him when a shouldn't have and now I feel bad,"

"So what are you going to do?"

"I'm going to apologise when he comes home,"

"Good idea, darling would you cook those Pepperkraker please?"

With a flick of her hand, Sigyn's cooked the Pepperkraker dough into delightful tasting biscuits.

"Thank you my love, now let's set the table before your father gets home."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Fenrir came inside with a bundle of carrots in his mouth as the women set the table. Once the finished Ingrid chopped the rest of the carrots and put them in the Lapskaus.

As soon as the placed the final dish on the table, Iwaldi entered the house.

"Hello father,"

"Daughter, I see you have joined us for lunch,"

"Yes, I wanted say I'm for yelling at you when you tried to help me,"

"It is alright darling; I should not have pushed. What happened was hard for all of us," Sigyn gave her father a small nod, "Now let us have lunch!"

They ate the juicy Kjøttkaker and then the Lapskaus and for dessert the hard rhe perfectly cooked Pepperkarker.

"You really have outdone yourself this time Ingrid,"

"The Pepperkraker was all Sigyn's doing though,"

"Well done daughter!" suddenly there was a loud knock at the door, "I wonder who that is?"

Ingrid walked up to the door with Fenrir behind her. As she opened the door she froze.

"My Queen!"

Sigyn walked up to the door as well and saw Queen Frigga in all her beauty standing there before her. She wore a barn red dress with golden flower designs. It was an off the shoulder outfit with a sweetheart neckline. The flowers lined the dress and it matched with a golden circlet with a red stone in the middle. She wore a golden ruby necklace and had love braided hair. Einherjar flanked her sides wearing their full golden armour.

"Ingrid, Sigyn it is so lovely to see you again,"

In an instant her and her mother fell into a deep curtsy.

"Oh, no need for formalities I was just hoping to talk to Sigyn,"

"Of course your highness come in come in,"

The queen entered the little house and was greeted by Iwaldi. They then all sat in their small lounge in front of a fire.

"My husband tells me that you are having a difficult time with everything that is happening. Am I correct Sigyn,"

Sigyn's eyes darted towards her father who instantly looked down and started picking at his hands.

"Y-yes my queen,"

"Well, I know a something that will help," she took a deep breath and spoke, "As you know I train my son Loki in the mystic arts, and I was wondering if you would like to join us."

Sigyn froze.

"Of course he was more than happy to let you join us, all we need is your approval and then we can start."

Sigyn did not know what to say, should she join? Or will it lead her to an even bigger mess. But Sigyn shot up again when Iwaldi spoke.

"I think Sigyn will be more than happy to join,"

"Splendid! And Sigyn what about you?"

"I-I would l-love that your highness,"

"Oh darling, just call me Frigga. Come to the castle and 9am and meet us in the gardens."

And with that Frigga said her goodbyes to Sigyn and her parents and left the house. As soon as her dad closed the door, Sigyn turned and spoke

"Dad... WHAT THE HEL DID YOU DO?!"

Heya folks,

Hope y'all liked this chapter. The photo above is what Frigga is wearing and as you can see I have taken down my Eldest Riddle book because I wasn't meant to post the announcement that quickly and I have some difficulty writing 2 books at the same time so. I hope you guys can forgive me and if you have any ideas pls comment below and maybe vote.

Lots of Love

SigynFan