«Chapter 5: Guardian»

She ran back to the palace and entered the corridor. One of the other prisoners told her that Fenrir was being kept in Odin's vault. Which wouldn't be easy to get to, as there are many guards. She arrived at the entrance and counted at least 6 guards. She didn't have her daggers with her, so she used her fists. A single invisible spell and combat moves got her straight through the door. 

At the bottom of the staircase, Sigyn saw her beloved friend Fenrir wounded and whimpering. She ran down and wrapped her arms around him. He was bleeding more than ever and could barely open his eyes. She needed to help him. Sigyn's magic wouldn't be enough so she looked around for something to help her. Suddenly she saw it, the Eternal Flame glowing at the corner of the room. Sigyn went up and reached her hand out to it. Although she was holding fire, the Eternal Flame did not harm her. Sigyn turned to see Fenrir not breathing anymore. She had no time to lose.

With flame held high Sigyn spoke, "With the Eternal Flame, you are reborn."

Pressing the fire down to his chest she squinted her eyes and waited for something to happen. Fenrir started shuffling his legs and he opened his eyes.

"Fenrir you're ok!"

"Of course I am, don't tell me you missed me that much?" Sigyn chuckled and gave Fenrir a great big squeeze.

"We have to stop Lorelei."

"And Lorelei we shall stop."

They rose up to their feet and Fenrir gave her a warm smile. His teeth reflected a bright glowing light but this time the glow was green. It was coming from a slot between the Warlocks eye and the Tablet of Life and Time. The Lojal Verge (Meaning Loyal Guardian in Norwegian) was floating above an obsidian podium with golden streaks. 

Sigyn remembered what her teachers used to say about the sword, 'The sword chooses a warrior worthy enough to wield it'. It was quite like Mjolnir, but it couldn't channel lighting. Instead it channelled magic. It was a black sword with strokes of green on the blade. Sigyn reached her hand to the sword and it gently floated to her.

"That was unexpected," said Fenrir.

"Well I can't fight her empty handed."

She hoped onto Fenrir and led him to the throne room. It was quite, too quite. There were no guards, and the torches weren't lit. Sigyn crept into the throne room and as she did all the torches lit up in flames. Sitting on the throne was a woman with dark ginger hair and vanilla skin. It was Lorelei.

"Well well, if it isn't my dear sister Sigyn. How are you, you pathetic worm?"

"Lorelei you have to stop this! What you're doing seems to be creating Ragnarök!" Lorelei started laughing.

At first it was a gentle chuckle and then it turned into a maniacal cackle.

"You are so naïve," she snapped her fingers and by her sides came out the two princes Loki and Thor, "If you want me, come and get me!"

The princes started running towards Sigyn and Fenrir. They didn't know what to do as they couldn't attack the princes of Asgard! Sigyn took a breath and told Fenrir to pin Thor down while she handles Loki. This was going to be tricky as he was a sorcerer too and had studied magic for years. Luckily Sigyn had the Lojal Verge and it could channel her powers.

"Your majesty please snap out of this!"

"Long live Lorelei!"

"Yeah I know."

He started throwing green fireballs at her which she blocked with her sword. Sigyn saw Fenrir tackling the God of Thunder. He was doing well but he couldn't do it for long. She tried to think of a way to stop them both, but it's hard when you have a God trying to kill you. She had a plan. But to make it work, she needed to trick the trickster.

"Quick question your majesty how do you do a slow-motion spell?"

"Now that is very tricky."

"Oh please, you are one of the greatest sorcerers."

He smirked and then yelled, "Kjør sakte!"

As he did, Sigyn pulled his arm, so it was touching both Thor and him. It had worked! Both Thor and Loki were moving very slowly, and Sigyn and Fenrir were going at perfect pace. Now it was between Sigyn and Lorelei. No one else need to be involved.

Fenrir dragged Loki and Thor outside whilst Sigyn stayed behind with Lorelei, who wasn't frozen.

"Let's finish this sister," yelled Lorelei, "Without your fancy new powers. You know what? I'll even throw in a bet. You win I don't bother Asgard anymore and everyone is safe."

"If you win?"

"Well then I takeover Asgard and I get to kill grandpa here."

Lorelei pointed behind her and Sigyn saw some guards bringing in the AllFather. He was chained up and the guards threw him onto the floor. Sigyn thought for a minute. She could hear her breath and nothing else. There was too much at stake. 'You are twelve times smarter' she thought to herself. Sigyn raised her sword and Lorelei grabbed hers.

"AllFathers and AllMothers give me strength," she prayed under her breath as she charged at Lorelei.

And so it began, the great fight between these two sisters.

"Give up now sissy!" Lorelei sneered.

Their swords clashed and banged so hard that it looked like Lojal Verge was just about to break Lorelei's sword. But before it could, Lorelei slashed Sigyn in her stomach with her blade. Drips of blood fell of her chest. It felt impossible to beat Lorelei. But of course, this is Sigyn Iwaldidottir. Youngest child of Iwaldi Erdilson. She couldn't beat Lorelei with rules. She was the youngest of course, and they do not apply to her. She held up her hand and Lojal Verge into her clutches.

"You never know when to yield do you?"

Lorelei came in to attack Sigyn, but instead she fell through her!

"What is this?!"

As soon as she turned to see Sigyn, Lojal Verge came flying again sweeping her off her feet giving the real Sigyn enough time to cast a forcefield cage over her.

"How dare you?! Did you not listen to my rules!" Sigyn appeared next to Odin and uncuffed him.

"Are you ok your majesty?"

"Yes my dear, thanks to you."

"You underestimate me sister, did you actually think I would follow the rules?"

She had done it! Sigyn had stopped Lorelei once and for all! She threw another ball of magic at her and this time it created a stronger collar that would prevent her from hypnotising any more people. The only problem now was to get everyone off the spell. Guards started filling up the room, all carrying swords and shields. Odin did not have Gungnir so he couldn't release the spell. Sigyn knew what she had to do. She was at the age where she could reach big limits to her power. And if she did it too big, her conscious would be lost. She wouldn't be able to pull out of what they call a 'death sleep'. It was nearly impossible, and no one had done it. She would have to conjure a spell on all of Asgard and it had to be powerful enough to stop hypnotise. She knew what had to be done. She took a breath which she knew would be her last and spoke...

"Løft denne trylleformelon og sett dem fri!"

AND THATS IT FOR CHAPTER 6. HEHEHEHEHEHEHEH. Sorry for the cliffhanger but it just had to be done. Hope y'all like the beautiful picture by nanihoo.

Lots of love

SigynFan