«Chapter 14: The Draugr»

Sigyn and Fenrir walked through the halls of the palace towards the great hall for lunch.

She hitched her breath as she arrived in front of the immense doors.

Here goes everything.

The guards pushed open the doors and she strutted into the room. There were people laughing and eating but when she entered, they all looked at her and bowed. She inclined her head in return.

Sigyn never really liked much attention, so she looked down at the floor and walked. Sigyn heard Frigga calling her and went up and sat next to her.

"Hello darling, how are you?"

"I'm lovely AllMother but I must ask, where is Loki?"

"I have not seen him dear, I thought he was with you?"

Where is he?

An hour passed and there was still no sign of him. It seemed Thor was missing as well.

"My queen perhaps we shou-" Sigyn was cut off by the doors opening abruptly and the princes covered in blood.

"Asgard is being attacked! Draugr!" Thor shouted.

Sigyn shot up followed by a few others.

"Where Thor?"

"The Dark Wood,"

"Go forth and protect Asgard!" yelled the AllFather.

She jumped onto Fenrir and went to the door.

Loki held out his handing signalling for her to grab it. She pulled him up and rushed out the door with Thor and a few other gods tailing them.

They reached The Dark Wood. An eerie silence fell upon them. The shadows moved around quickly, and there was no sign of light. Loki was now cleaned up and held an orb of green.

He leaned a bit forward into the darkness.

"HISSSSSSSSSSS," a large Draugr came forward at him and swung a sword at his face. Sigyn blocked the attack with hers and stabbed him in the stomach.

Suddenly they were completely surrounded.

"Shall we my lady?" asked Loki with a smirk.

"After you,"

They jumped off and joined Tyr, Sif, Balder, Thor and the warriors three on the ground.

Frey came through the woods with a pack of wolves beside him. They growled at the sight of the dead and went forth to attack.

It was a gruesome battle, Sigyn did her best to keep up. She was fighting with gods for Valhalla's sake!

She then heard the bells of the village.

"They're attacking the village!" yelled Tyr.

"Thor, Tyr, Sif go to the central Frey, Balder go to the west, Warriors three head down to the East and Loki come with me to the North," Sig demanded.

The all nodded and Loki jumped on Fenrir behind Sigyn.

"Tell him to hold on," spoke Fenrir.

They raced towards the North as Loki clutched tightly to her waist. She felt her hair turn pink and could almost feel Loki's smirk.

She shook off the thought and raced towards urged Fenrir forward.

Soldiers were fighting of Draugr as the people scrambled to the safe walls of the palace.

She and Loki sprang into action. Her sword Lojal Verge clashed with the rotten swords of the dead. Why were they here? How did they get out of Hel?

Her thoughts shut off when she saw a someone being taken away from her house.

Her Mother...

Sorry for the short chapter guys! This is more of a filler chapter and I'm trying to find some more inspo for this book. I've been really enjoying writing my other book and have lost inspiration for this one. But I'm not leaving it unfinished!

Lots of Love

SigynFan