«Chapter 25: Is that you? »

Weeks had flown by since I had changed my hair colour. Moons since she had left. And I had tried everything I could to stop seeing her every time I looked at the mirror. He had not come back yet, instead he stayed in Vanaheim probably wasting away like I was here.

My Valkyrie from Valhalla came into my room every night until eventually the pain was too much that I told him not too.

A Few Nights Ago...

"Sigyn you can't keep doing this to yourself!" he said trying to brush away my tears.

I gently pushed him away and sobbed, "Neither can you Loki. Every day you come into this room to treat this useless pathetic monster who couldn't even protect her own mother. And now, even after all this time, she stands before you still broken no matter how hard you tried," I backed up to the wall and slid down. "You don't deserve this burden Loki, you deserve everything in every universe, in every timeline, in every dimension. You deserve EVERY SINGLE GLORIOUS THING in this world Loki!" tears continued spilling down my eyes, "I have done nothing to deserve you,"

I heard shuffling and then Loki was kneeling before me. He placed his hand under my chin forcing me to look up at him. His eyes were brimmed with tears but he continued to stare.

After many moments of silence he leaned down until we shared a breath.

"You don't deserve this either Sigyn. You deserve more, more than I could ever give you. If anything it is I who doesn't deserve you,"

"Loki," I cried, "Please. Go,"

"Hush my darling," he brushed away a strand of my black hair, he leaned a bit closer until our foreheads touched, "I want you to be okay Sigyn. The only thing I wish for these days, the only thing I get down on my knees and pray for these days is for you to be okay. I want to see you smile, I want to see you healthy, I want to see you laugh. I want to see you again my darling. I want to see the woman I-" Loki broke off and sighed, "But, I will never understand what it is like to be in your shoes. I just need you to remember that I am here, and always be here whenever you need me my darling," he moved just a bit higher and brushed a kiss to the top of my head.

And then he left.

And he didn't come back.

Present

I threw on my cloak and long-sleeved tunic. My black boots were the hardest to find in amidst my mess of a closet. It really has been a while...

I drew a long breath and placed my hand on the door handle. Then it opened. Then I walked outside.

Servants walked by casting wary glances, whispering of my return.

"Is that Lady Sigyn?"

"Goodness she looks so thin,"

"The poor dear,"

Shutting out their voices I stalked up to the dining room hall and waited. Inside I could hear chatter, laughter, joy. As if everyone had already forgotten her death.

I couldn't blame them though. I took a breath and nodded to the guards posted outside. They shot looks at each before pushing the grand doors open. The hall went silent as I walked in. People looked at me in confusion and pity. Something I didn't want. But the person whose lovely green eyes I had wanted to see again wasn't there.

But his mother was.

"Sigyn?" Frigga rose from where she sat with her handmaidens, hand over her heart, "My darling is that you?"

I sighed and pulled the hood off my head. An audible gasp went around the hall. My beautiful long once copper hair was now as dark as the feathers of Huginn and Muninn. The crows too, now looked at me in wonder, perched a top the shoulders of Odin who sat at the head of the table. Thor on his right, who now dropped his food and went next to his mother he carefully walked up to me. As if she were confused whether this was reality or a dream.

She finally reached me and carefully reached out her hand and cupped my cheek. Tears brimmed her eyes as she scanned my hair.

"Oh my darling," she pulled me into a tight hug, "I'm so sorry,"

I wrapped my arms around her, taken in her glowing warmth. Thor watched us from behind and gave me a small smile.

"Black hair suits you Lady Sigyn," he said after we pulled away.

I returned the smile, "Thank you Thor,"

He opened his arms wide and I accepted his hug.

"Where is-?"

"We have not seen Loki for the past few days," Odin answers rising from his chair.

Days...

I took a shuddering breath and looked down, "That is on my hands,"

"No Sigyn," Frigga said cupping my cheek, "Nothing was your fault, from Loki to In-"

"I'm actually quite hungry AllMother, is it alright if we eat and then discuss?"

Frigga let out a knowing smile and nodded. Sif moved and let an open seat between her and Thor. I acknowledged her and the Warriors 3 before taking a pastry and some eggs. The AllMother scolded me and told me that was not going to keep my energised throughout the day. She then went on and told me her magic would keep me seated until I eat 'properly.'

I had finally met her mark and she released me. My friends offered to company me throughout the day but I declined and convinced them I just needed some time to myself and that it would be okay. The morning sunshine filled the golden halls of the palace as I searched for him.

But the Norns had planned a different surprise instead.

"Lady Sigyn?"

I turned and came face to face with Tyr, God of War. And behind him, stood my lifelong friend.

"Fenrir?"

The giant wolf jump onto me and licked my face till I was drenched slobber.

"I missed you Sig!" he said happily barking.

"I missed you too my friend," I finally looked up to Tyr, gratitude shining in my eyes, "Thank you, Good Tyr,"

He smiled and bowed, "It was my honour, and if I may Lady Sigyn my condolences for your mother,"

I smiled as I scratched Fenrir's ear and stood up, "Might you know where Loki is?"

"We just spotted him strolling through the West Gardens," Tyr spoke, "I you'll excuse Lady Sigyn and Fenrir I must be off now,"

"Good day Tyr," I said bidding him farewell. He gave Fenrir a scratch under his chin and left.

"Well to the gardens we go my friend,"

I wrapped an arm around his neck as he spoke to me about all the trouble he and Tyr and gotten into. I was glad there was someone to care for him while I was gone.

My eyes scanned through the West Gardens looking for any sign of my God of Mischief.

Fenrir barked and wagged his tail. I looked to he was looking and saw him. Loki, my Valkyrie from Valhalla itself. He was sitting under a tree and reading his book.

I smiled and walked towards his direction.

But I stopped.

And watched.

As a girl, with beautiful blonde hair took away the book from Loki's hands. He looked up and smiled at her. As if she were the only beautiful thing left in this world.

She through his book to the side and sat down on his lap. Wrapping her arms around his neck.

The whole world had stopped. I had stopped breathing. I had stopped living.

As I watched her kiss Loki.

And him return it...