«Chapter 19: Make Them Pay»

Just a short filler chap :)

I clutched Lojal Verge tightly as I walked down the halls of the palace. The air was tense, and the castle was quiet. Too quiet. The joy of last night had left and another feeling had taken its place. A feeling I couldn't name. The sound of my footsteps echoed through the lifeless halls as I passed the grand hall.

I finally made it outside to the stables to see my dear friend Fenrir standing outside for me. He was glowing a beautiful shade of green which washed a serine feeling over me. I turned my head to see some of the other Gods had joined us: Tyr, Balder, Frey and Freya. In their magnificent armour. Freya was head of the Valkyries back in the days and donned beautiful armour wings on her back. She sat on her golden boar sharpening her Vanir made sword.

Next to her were Tyr, Balder and Frey dressed in golden armour and were happily chatting away. If only I could feel that way. I was going to get her back one way or another. I don't know what I would do to myself if I didn't.

I felt another figure walk up beside. It was Loki. He sent a small smile towards me. Small, yet comforting. It was only last night when we were laughing and singing with not a care in the world. If only that night had lasted a bit longer.

"How are you feeling princeling?"

"Quite well Lady Sigyn, Thor told me I am to thank you for escorting me safely to my chambers," he said chuckling.

"It was no problem Loki; I quite enjoy seeing your drink side of you. Better than your sober might I add,"

"How you wound me Lady Sigyn," he says jokingly putting a hand on his heart.

I let out a chuckle. Happy that even in these sad times he could put a smile on my face.

"But I don't think you'll ever be seeing that side of me again," he said holding his chin high.

I pouted at him making him break into a laugh.

"My mother would have loved to meet you," I said after calming down.

Loki gave me a small smile before taking my hand in his.

"I can't wait to meet her,"

A comfortable silence fell upon us.

"Gather Asgard!" called my father.

We walked side-by-side down the steps and towards the troupe of soldiers.

"This morn, we ride in search of our beloved citizen and my wife Ingrid! We shall return in triumph," He shouted raising his sword in the air.

Everyone cheered and jumped on their horses.

I ran towards Fenrir and jumped onto his back.

"I can't believe you went off without me last night," he grumbled.

"I'm sorry my friend. If you'd like, after we rescue mother I'll take you out riding," I replied.

He wagged his tail in joy and glowed an even brighter shade of green. Fenrir led us out to my father who was talking to Loki. He had a neutral mask on him but I could see beyond that. He was terrified.

"Your mother tells me you are aware of the passages between Yggdrasil," he said sternly.

"Yes sir,"

"You will lead us to these passages, is that understood Odinson,"

"Yes General Iwaldi,"

"Good,"

Loki looked at me. I gave him a small encouraging smile as he unwillingly trots off with him. I stayed in toe with Sif as we rode through the forests. The sweet sounds of the birds chirping reminded me of my mother. She was just an innocent lady. Never wanted to harm a single soul. I would make whoever did this pay.