[Chapter:5]

It felt like the week had gone by in a snap as the day for y/n to get fitted was only less than half a day away. Selling had seemed pretty slow today, last week just about everyone was coming to her shop to get tools and this week everyone was getting decorations from the carpenter to hang up around the town to celebrate the prince.

If she ever did get a customer it was mostly to fix an old tool and hand them a new one, or it was one of her friends from the castle.

Eventually, before the sun neared the end of the sky, Sam had come to stop by, is was what she first assumed as he made his way over to her. "Hey," he said, holding up a bag full of food, handing it to her, "wasn't sure if you had eaten much today, but Niki and Fundy had a bunch of stuff leftover and said I could have them."

Y/n chuckled, thanking him before opening the bag and seeing all the baked treats and bread. "You'd be surprised, now only a week away from Ranboo's crowning everyone's buying decorations."

He nodded, "yeah, I was able to actually get off early and come home."

She stared at him before a giant grin grew on her face. He smiled down at her, "thought that would make you happy to hear."

She quickly placed down the food on the table before running up to him and wrapping her arms around him as he embraced her. He rarely had the time to come home and stay before she would close the shop and go to bed. Sometimes she would barely wake up to him kissing her goodnight or would hear him downstairs as he took off his armor.

They soon walked inside after putting up the sign that said 'closed' on it. Once inside, about to shut the door she heard a faint, "wait!" Come from outside.

Stepping outside, she was greeted with a six-foot-tall male who wore a ripped-up brown shirt, black pants, and boots, not looking on the wealthy side, to say the least.

"Sorry, I know you just closed, but... do you have any buckets?" He asked.

She nodded reassuring the man it was alright before stepping into her shop and looking around before picking up a few of them. A bit confused about the requested item but assumed everyone had their reason for everything.

Once placed on the table, the man gave her the amount of money needed. As she handed the buckets to him, y/n continued to think to herself, I've seen this man before... "hey," she said catching his attention, "do I know you? I don't know but I feel as if we've met before."

He only smiled, a sweet, forced smile, "I don't believe we have but trust me..." He then grabbed her hand placing a kiss on it while the buckets in his other hand, "we'll be seeing each other again, real soon."

Dropping her hand, he ran off down the street as the sun began to set more. Walking in her home, Sam just looking at her could tell something was wrong, "what's up?"

She shrugged, "just an odd customer is all."

He chuckled, "I guess you'd eventually get one, wouldn't you?"

Y/n nodded before letting out a small laugh. She was about to walk upstairs before Sam stopped her telling her to wait here as he sprinted up the stairs. After a few moments, he came back downstairs holding something behind his back making his daughter more curious as to what it was. Once pulling it out, she recognized it to be her old Tom Nook stuffed animal she had since she could remember, though a few different details, making her form an ear-to-ear smile. This one though seemed to be much newer and a bit larger as if to fit her grown height. "How did you-"

She was cut off as he spoke, "I know I'm not always around, and I want to protect you and I know I can. But..think of it as a sign I will always be with you. A way to show I will always be here when you need me."