[Chapter:16]

Her father had earlier said he needed to stay at work later when dropping of food for her, said something about how there was extra assigning he need to do. Entering her house after closing the shop, she left the door unlocked for Sam before walking upstairs towards her room. Entering, she noticed her window had been left open. Not remembering ever opening it, she went to walked over leaning over the window seal sticking her head out, the wind blowing her hair lightly to the side as she stared up into the black ibis. Shutting her eyes, she relaxed her body letting all the stress release itself. Opening her eyes again, a upside-down masked man appeared inches in front of her face.

"Hello," he said.

About to scream, he quickly jumped down covering her mouth with his hand muffling any noise that came out of her. "Hey, hey, I need you to calm down. I promise I won't hurt you~"

Taking in a few breaths, she nodded calming her shaking body as he slowly let go of her. Turning around to face him, she took in his features, seeming to be the same as when she first met him. Lime green hoodie, black pants and boots, and of course, the white smile mask he wore hiding whatever facial expression he was giving her at the moment. "W-what do you want?" She asked shakily.

He chuckled, "I just came to check up on you, I did let you escape after all."

Sam always taught her to be careful with the people she chooses to trust. Unwillingly, she tried to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, there could always be good in even the worst of people.

Sometimes.

"W-well," she took in a breathe, composing herself before speaking again, "thank you...?"

"Didn't I tell you not to forget?" He teased letting out a laugh, "My names' Dream."

She nodded, embarrassed by how she could've forgotten such a simple thing to remember. The room went silent, Dream took a step forward looking down at her smaller frame. "Sorry I forgot," she said with a chuckle, "seems like a pretty simple name to remember anyways."

The masked man put his hand over his chest, acting as if it offended him. Letting out a laugh, he went back to standing straight looking back down at her, "I'm gonna leave but hey," he grabbed onto her hand shaking it firmly, "I'm a friend, I'll come visit. If you ever need me, I'll be here."

Smiling, she felt something off about this. The feeling of string wrapping around her body made her feel like she was losing control of who she is even more than before. Dream smirked, letting go of her hand he jumped onto the window waving goodbye just as the front door swung open. Y/n had turned her head to the noise only for a split second, when she turned back to see where Dream had been, he was gone. Her door creaked open revealing Sam as he looked at her, surprised, "I thought you would be asleep by now." He said, grinning.

She shrugged, "couldn't really sleep."

This was true, before Dream had showed up she felt restless, not a hint of drowsiness struck her body as the moon drifted into the sky. She didn't want to lie to her dad, plus, she was a terrible liar anyways. Sam walked towards her pulling her until a hug, "alright, well, goodnight y/n. See you in the morning." He walked out, shutting the door behind him lightly.

She walked over flopping herself on her bed, Dream seemed nice but it could all be a trick. She wanted to see the good in him though, he did say he was a friend and he did let her escape at the fortress. Not wanting to think about it anymore, she crawled under the covers letting sleep consume her.

~

She was awoken by the sounds of the bells being chimed. She shot up from her bed, looking around her room frantically trying to figure out what was going on. Heavy footsteps made their way to her room before the door swung open, her father standing there all dressed up in his uniform seeming to have been put together hastily. "Y/n, stay here," he started, "keep your door locked, I'll be back soon."