[Chapter:26]

The queen quickly discovered from a first person perspective how hard it was to rule a kingdom. Of course, she imagined it to be difficult taking care of thousands of problems a day, but not this hard. She was currently sitting in front of her newly made throne she sat on at her wedding, looking through the papers of jobs and problems that needed tending to around the city. Over the past week of doing this she could feel herself being drained mentally, she didn't remember there being so many problems when she lived out in her old house.

The feeling of nostalgia loomed over the young woman as the thought of her old home plagued her mind. Remembering how she would work day after day as a blacksmith, and the visits her father would give her during his break always warmed her heart. Ever since she's been at the castle she felt herself relax for the first time in years, the feeling now leaving her body once again while she tried to get through every complaint sent to her and solving it as as soon as she possibly could. She missed her old home, but had quickly grown fond of her new one with Ranboo, plus she was able to see her friends everyday. The pros practically outweighed the cons.

A knock on the throne room door made her head shoot up. The loud noise surprising her considering it had been dead silent for hours, minus when she moved the paper into separate piles on the floor. "Come in," she said, swiftly plopping herself up from the floor.

The young queen was surprised to see none other than her husband slowly closing the door behind him once he entered. "Is this a bad time?" He questioned, a grin appearing on his lips as he eyed at the messy piles of paper surrounding the girl.

She laughed nervously, "not at all, just separating the jobs into different categories." A brow raised once the two were only inches apart, "I thought you were practicing outside with the others."

The king smiled, pulling her to the other side of the papers stacks sliding his hands on the small of her back, "I was, but I got bored not having you there." He rubbed his nose against hers playfully, getting a giggle out of her in return. His smile faltered slightly once he noticed the dark circles forming under her eyes. "I also came to remind my dear wife to get some rest."

A blush grew deep on the girls cheeks at his words, knowing it will be a long while until she gets used to it. Looking away, she turned her head to the side avoiding eye contact making the king frown, "I know... but I want to be a good queen worthy of your kingdom and-"

"Our," Ranboo corrected. He placed a hand on her cheek moving a strand of hair behind the girl's ear turning her head back to face him. She stared up at his red and green irises as he looked right back into hers. "It is our kingdom, not mine, not the council's, ours. And trust me, you do not need to solve every problem in one day. There are jobs the people send in that they simply do not want to do themselves, and there are others that can be resolved days later if they aren't as urgent. Therefore, you do not need to wake up at five every morning to take care of everyone."

She chuckled, "you knew about that?"

"I'm a light sleeper."

"Techno gave you the same speech, didn't he?"

Ranboo laughed in response, "he may or may not have, but that's not the point," he said pointing his pointer finger up. "Promise me you won't overwork yourself like this again?"

Y/n nodded, "I promise."

Though she didn't make many promises, like staying safe, or eating all the dessert before dinner, this was one of the few exceptions she would make, intending to keep it.

Taking her hand in his, he lead her out of the throne room before asking a maid to clean the papers on the floor into neat piles. Once getting down with that, the two were gratefully escorted to back to the courtyard where Ranboo had originally been, before arriving to where y/n was. "Welcome back," Wilbur joked once noticing the couple.