[Chapter:22]

"So you two are dating now, right?" Eret asked.

The question had caught them off guard, neither quite prepared to say anything. Giving Ranboo a nod, she turned back to face Eret, who sat on the courtyard bench, a few ways away from where the rest of the guards were practicing. "Yeah, we weren't sure how to tell the rest," y/n said, eyeing the practicing knights.

They chuckled, "it's not my place to ask, but does Sam know?"

The two shrugged in unison, "we aren't sure, probably not," Ranboo said.

Eret hummed in response, he stood from his seat, looking between the two to see the bond they shared. "He is your father," she said, pointing towards y/n, "I wouldn't be surprised if he already knew." Her cheeks flushed at the thought of her father already aware, had they made it that obvious? "Don't worry," Eret consoled, "I'm sure he and Puffy are happy for the two of you."

Puffy knows too!? The young king and girl thought.

The knight eventually stood, waltzing towards the other guards to practice his sword skills, leaving the two young adults alone. "Maybe we should just come clean to them...?" Ranboo suggested, "seeing as they probably know from how obvious we are, I guess."

"I'm fine with that," she said, "as long as you're ready."

He nodded in response, taking her hand into his. "Well then, how about we get going?"

~

"We already knew," Puffy stated, holding in a laugh as she nudged Sam.

The two's faces grew hot that Eret had been correct and they were, in fact, that obvious. Rubbing his arm, King Ranboo could feel the stare the girl's father was giving him. Maybe after all he would die a young ruler. With a small huff, Sam spoke, "I'm happy for you two."

They both blinked in surprise, not necessarily expecting such a short, factual answer. Ranboo bowed his head, "thank you, sir General Sam."

"Please," he said, "no formalities."

Lifting his head, he eyed at y/n who only gave him a nod in return, "we don't want to make this publicly announced," she said, "just yet at least, if that makes sense."

Puffy was the first to reply before Sam could, "we get it, there's way too much chaos and we need you to keep a low profile for as long as possible until we get this sorted out."

The dining hall filled with silence, that was, until Tommy burst through the door with panic-filled eyes, "Ranboo," he said, completely disregarding his title like always, "you need to come, quickly!"

He didn't even hesitate before sprinting out of the room, the other three in close pursuit. Reaching the open gates of the castle, they were all shocked to see a battered down, and beaten woman, who wore a red skirt that matched with the light pink top along with the flower crown in her hair that followed around her arms. One would say she's gorgeous, if not for the dirty clothes and bruises along her legs and cheek. A small visible cut could be found just above her right eyebrow, a scab grew over it. "She claims to know Puffy and Warden Sam," one of the guards whispered to the king. "She states that strangers found her home and burned every last piece of it, along with kidnapping her friend named Aimsey."

"Hannah?" Puffy called, making the woman's head perk up and her eyes light up.

She rushed over to the captain and warden, the three having a conjoined hug. Pulling out of it, she looked past the two starings right at the female creeper hybrid. A soft smile grew on her face taking a step towards the girl, "you must be Sam's daughter," she said, "I doubt you remember me... you were only days old when we met, you've grown so big and strong now."