[Chapter:20]

The library was extraordinarily large, compared to the book shop in town at least. She spent almost two hours there but only felt like thirty minutes to her. Eventually, she fell asleep on the current page of the book she was reading. It had caught her eye when walking by the shelf, pulling it down she began reading through it like it was nothing. By page seventy she was determined to finish it, that was, until exhaustion took over. Once Karl had found her like that he kept himself from laughing and went to look for the king, leaving her be.

A dotted pair of eyes watched from behind her. Opening the window, he crept in coming behind her, his shadow looming over the young girls smaller frame. Her arms rested on the table as she layed her head against them. The green hooded figure chuckled to himself, getting only a inch closer he noticed the violet rose behind her ear. He softly pulled it out, noticing the specks of purple particles that floated around it.

Realization hit, once touching the flower he had practically told the king he was here.

Perfect, he thought to himself, grinning under his mask.

He began placing the rose back behind her ear just as a familiar enderman hybrid teleported across the room from him. "Get away from her," Ranboo growled.

Dream smiled, putting his finger up to his white mask at where his lips would be, "shhh~ she's sleeping." Ranboo furrowed his eyebrows, not taking his eyes away from the man. He grabbed the flower from her ear once again, holding it out in front of him skimming the petals with the felt of his phalanges, "nice to see you again, King Ranboo~"

He dropped the flower as he swiftly leaped out of the window, disappearing without a trace. Ranboo grunted to himself, at least he was able to get here in time before that monster could harm her. He gently walked over, picking up the violet rose by the stem before placing himself standing next to the smaller girl. He put the flower in its rightful place behind her ear, pulling his hand away once secured. He gently patted her head, whispering, "y/n... you need to wake up."

She let out a yawn, not quite soft but neither absurdly loud either. She blinked a few times adjusting her eyes to the lighting of the room. Turning her head to face Ranboo, she stared into his green and red eyes, taking in the extraordinarily beautiful colors that seemed to just fit him perfectly. "Hi Ranboo, sorry to fall asleep," she said, feeling her embarrassment surface over her drowsiness.

He chuckled, "no worries, we should go, though."

The girl nodded, not needing a reason to leave but the way he said it with his tone made it sound almost urgent. As they walked down, him helping carry a few books for her, neither noticed the smile mask that stared at them from outside.

~

Karl was kind enough to call for a servant so the few books she had chosen would be sent to her room by the time she went to bed. Once waving goodbye and leaving the large library, they headed down to the dining hall where she was told something amazing was waiting for her. The walk between them was full of conversation, there was nothing they couldn't talk about that would bore the other. Sam Nook watched from behind, keeping guard after sensing an unknown presence that lingered off of the two in front of him. Ranboo was hiding something, and if it meant that their protection could be in danger, then he had to find out.

He would worry about that later, though. They seemed to be enjoying themselves and he wouldn't want to be the one to ruin that.

Walking up to the doors, two guards opened it for them, not without eyeing the large creeper-raccoon robot standing behind them, of course. When entering, y/n was astonished to see her closest friends and family. They were all here. Every time she celebrated her birthday it would just be her and Sam, Puffy would stop by too, but it had always been small celebrations.

Puffy was first to acknowledge them, running over and pulling her into a strong embrace. She hugged her back as best as she could, the giant fluffy hair she had being the only thing y/n could wrap her arms around. When she was put back down, Puffy flashed a kind smile to Ranboo before looking at the large robot beside him. "So Sam finally finished you up, huh?" She said, taking a step closer to the animatronic.

He looked down at her, a closed eyed smile appearing on his face, "HELLO CAPTAIN PUFFY, IT IS NICE TO SEE YOU."

She smiled, "good to see you too."

She turned her head back down to y/n, grabbing onto her and Ranboo's hand pulling them over to the large table that everyone was near. Sam walked over pulling her into a embrace which she returned before being released once again.

The rest of the time went swimmingly, nothing to be feared of that could happen, the stress of finding Dream and the rest of his assassins was thrown out the window for the time being. It was perfect.

When nightfall came is when she blew her candles, wishing for whatever in her head before slicing the cake. Ranboo, as always, found his way back to y/n when she had finished talking to their other friends. "So what did you wish for?" Ranboo asked.

She smirked, "if I tell you then it won't come true."

"But what if I was the one that would make it come true?" He questioned, a smile creeping onto his face.

A green blush grew on her cheeks making her turn her head away from him to regain her bodies composure. "W-well, guess you'll never know then."

He chuckled to himself, placing both their plates down on the table for the servants to get later. "C'mon, you know you can tell me anything, I promise," he pleaded.

She smiled to herself, "well, only if you promise to take me back to you know where later tonight, after all this."

He smirked at this, rolling his eyes, "alright, deal."

The next hour went by quicker than they had expected. Tommy's energy made it seem like everything happened so quickly until it was almost 9:00 p.m.. Heading off to bed, Sam Nook escorted the two back to their chambers, wishing everyone good night one final time before dispersing in different directions. Once in front of her door, she turned towards Sam Nook, "Sam Nook, can you stay here while me and Ranboo go visit somewhere? I promise it won't take long."

He looked as if he were contemplating it, the gears in his wired head turning before he gave a closed eye smile and nodded. "PLEASE BE SAFE," he said.

She smiled at him just before Ranboo teleported them away, back to the familiar flower field she had come to adore. Walking around, she stared up into the starry night, the infinite amount of balls of light scattered across the dark blue sky. "Do I get to hear your wish now?" Ranboo asked, breaking the silence.

She smirked, "maybe, maybe not."

She skipped up through the field of grass as Ranboo, effortlessly, caught up to her. He reached for her hand pulling her towards him, his soft touch against her skin made her heart skip a beat. He placed his other hand her cheek, staring into her y/e/c eyes through his red and green ones. "Let me ask again," he said, "am I the one to make your wish come true?" She closed her eyes giving him a small nod before opening them again. "And how am I supposed to do so?"

She took in a shaky breath, hesitating before answering, "I wished for nothing to break us apart... I love being with you Ranboo, I don't think I could stand the thought of losing you," she said, chuckling out of nervousness and embarrassment of her words.

Ranboo found himself flustered, but somehow managed to keep himself content, even with the dark shade of purple that continues to grow on his cheeks. He bent down to come face to face with the girl who stood in front of him. He leaned in, his breath hot against her skin. Not a moment later, his lips smashed against hers, closing the gap between them.

(Words:1435)