[Chapter:6]

Once Phil had entered the walls he wrapped his arms around Ranboo as he embraced the hug. Once exited, Techno came up and did the same thing, not noticing the girl standing behind the tall prince. She had done this on purpose though, unsure of what to say to the two men she hadn't seen since she was a child. What would they think of her? Would they even recognize her?

Her thoughts were answered when Phil noticed her arm looking behind Ranboo, "y/n?" He asked.

She peaked her head out just enough for Phil to engulf her in a big embrace, wrapping his wings around her like a blanket, "oh my gods you've gotten so big!" He said excitedly.

Before she could even hug him back, he grabbed her shoulders turning her towards Techno, "Techno! Guess who this is?"

Techno slowly made his way over to her as Phil let her shoulders free from his grasp. He looked down at her as he smirked ruffling up her hair. "Good to see you, kid."

She smiled at him, "nice to see you too."

He took his hand off her as they all turned back towards the enderman breed, "so Ranboo," Phil said, "how'd you two meet?"

The room went quiet as Ranboo and y/n eyed each other awkwardly, a purple cloud appearing on Ranboo's cheeks while a light green one on y/n's.

"W-well," Ranboo started before y/n continued. "I was invited by Tommy, Wil, and the others to join them for dinner and I got lost and ran into Ranboo."

Phil stared at her, amused by the explanation. Techno let out a low chuckle before speaking, "Guess you two would meet each other eventually."

The two teenagers raised an eyebrow at his statement, "what do you mean?" They asked in unison.

"Well," Phil began explaining, "since we were coming to visit again for his ceremony, we thought we would introduce both of you. But I guess you guys beat us to it," he laughed.

This made more sense to the young girl, she had known them since she was very little and they had come often to help Ranboo when he was a child since his parents couldn't, and he couldn't rely on all the servants to take care of him. Well... he could, but Phil and Techno knew his parents and had felt the need to teach the young prince what he needed to know.

The four began walking around together, as if an old family brought back together, which is what it felt like to them.

As they soon passed by the courtyard it seemed to be nearly empty, only some guards and a few squires cleaning their knights' armor. Seeing the empty area gave Techno a grand idea as he turned towards Ranboo. "Hey Ranboo, mind showing me how much skill you've lost?" He challenged.

The prince smirked at this as he walked over grabbing a spare sword as Techno pulled out his own, it had a dark purple color to it with a dim glow, like the one that had been added when y/n created Sapnap's new sword not long ago. She walked over to Phil as they both stood on the side watching as Ranboo convinced Techno to use a normal iron sword and not the overpowered one he was so fond of.

Once he grabbed a normal iron one like Ranboo, they circled each other, waiting for their opponent to make the first move.

Swiftly, they lunged at each other clashing their swords against one another as the air hit both Phil and y/n making their eyes widen, Phil smirking.

The two stepped a couple of meters back, staring at the other with devilish smiles, "I may have poor memory, Techno, but there are some things I could never forget."

As Ranboo said that he glanced over at y/n for only a brief moment before returning his focus to Techno. Though at that moment, her heart leaped out of her chest as her cheeks began turning a light green color. Phil noticed this, a small, light smile formed on his lips.

As they continued to watch Techno and Ranboo brawl, they seemed to be getting more aggressive by the second, the sweat now visible from both of them as it dropped down onto the dirt below them. Techno let out a few heavy breaths before speaking, "Guess I underestimated you-"

He then swung his sword at Ranboo, making him trip and fall backward onto the ground while keeping his sword pointed to his neck, "but I will always be the master."

Ranboo looked like he was going to give up. Y/n noticed something though, a small smile on his face only a second before he kicked Techno in the chest and teleporting behind him making him drop his sword away from him as he fell on the ground after the ender prince shoved him. Swiftly, he turned over on his back facing him, a smirk on his face. "Never underestimate your opponent," Ranboo quoted, "that is what you always taught me anyway."

Sticking his sword in the ground, he reached his hand out for Techno who accepted it standing up as y/n and Phil strolled over to them. "Just like old times, eh?" Phil said.

Ranboo nodded, smiling, "yeah, it's been a while, hasn't it?"

The three laughed before Ranboo turned his attention to y/n, "I didn't know you knew how to fight," she said.

Ranboo chuckled, "there's a lot of things about me you don't know, trust me... do you know how to fight?" He asked, in the same smooth voice he always does when around her.

She shook her head, "no, I don't."

Ranboo stared at her, then to Techno and Phil who already knew what he was thinking, "trust me, we would've if Sam let us, but he thought she was too young for that, and when she was old enough we weren't able to visit," Techno answered.

Ranboo nodded, understanding before turning back to the girl, "would you like to learn?" He asked.

She thought about it for a second before shaking her head, "I don't think I would be any good at it, ironically. I never really liked fighting, though I did like watching the knights train before."

The prince smiled nodding once again. They all decided to head back inside, Ranboo directing Techno and Phil to their rooms before they headed off for the night, leaving Ranboo and y/n alone once again. "Would you like me to take you back home?" He asked.

A little part of her had hoped he asked her to stay the night at the castle again, waking up the next day to walk out her door and see Ranboo waiting for her. She didn't want to intrude though, y/n nodded her head as he grabbed hold of her hand with his, teleporting them away.

They soon appeared in front of her house, the door unlocked making her assume Sam was inside. The sun was close to setting as the guards began patrolling the streets like normal. Hesitantly, Ranboo let go of her hand taking a step back, "thank you, Ranboo," y/n said.

A cloud of light purple dust spread across his cheeks as he looked down at her. Quickly composing himself, he smiled, "goodnight, y/n."

He again teleported away, leaving small particles behind him as y/n walked inside locking the door behind her. There, at the dining table, sat Sam. When he noticed her he sat up walking over in front of her, she felt a wave of intimidation wash over her when Sam took his last step. "So... did you have fun?"

Y/n blinked in confusion as Sam began laughing aware of what he had just done. "Sorry," he said between breaths, "couldn't help myself."

"Yeah, I bet," she retorted sarcastically.

A small smile appeared on his face as he lead her over to the table. The two ate talking about what they had done today and how it went. Y/n had brought up how she saw Phil and Techno, surprising Sam. He had remembered they said they were coming to visit. He wanted to surprise the young girl but guess that plan was out the window. Nevertheless, she seemed happy, a lot happier than she did weeks ago. It seemed like she was letting her inner child come alive after a few years of hiding it.

Sam smiled.

Once they finished dinner, the two headed up to bed telling each other goodnight before shutting their doors.

(Words:1448)