[Chapter:23]

The young king could feel himself become light-headed at the thought of marriage. Of course, he knew exactly who he would pop the question to but it felt too soon. For instance, they haven't even been together that long and only days ago they had told Sam and Puffy about it. Ranboo was aware that by law he had to get married by the time of his crowning but they chose to let it slide, seeing as he had only just turned eighteen.

"Are you all right, your majesty?" Sam asked, placing a hand on the king's shoulder.

"Y-yes, I am alright." Quickly, he composed himself. "May I ask why this is needed?"

Jshlatt nodded, "the kingdom has been targetted for some time now, and though you are loved by most if not all the people in the land, it would be wise to have a second opinion and another thought put into plans when made. The kingdom itself would grow stronger and I'm sure the people would love whoever you pick."

Ranboo had to think about this, he couldn't force y/n to marry him, it would be unjust. To anyone at that. The young ruler could practically feel the daggers the warden was staring into his back. He had thought this many times before but this, he was certain, would be the reason he dies at the hands of General Sam. "I wouldn't be opposed to it," Puffy stated from across the room as all heads turned to her. "I'm sure his majesty has someone he would be perfectly fine with by his side. Isn't that right, King Ranboo?"

A purple blush grew on his face but brushed it off as if nothing had ever happened. "I will... come back with an answer tomorrow," he said, "until then, go home to your families, it's been a long week for all of us I'm sure."

With that, the third meeting in a row was dismissed, Ranboo quickly turned a corner to get out of sight to teleport away, only to be stopped by possibly one of the last but least hated people he wanted to see. Sam.

"S-Sam I-"

He quickly shushed him, not wanting to cause an unwanted scene. "Listen, I get it, you're stuck and there's nothing you can do, I understand. But at the most ask her before you decide anything."

Letting the king go, he took a step back allowing the young adult to contemplate what had just happened. "Wha- you're okay with this?" he asked in disbelief. 

"Oh hell no," He snapped. "But, if it were anyone I knew that would always make her happy, it's you. Also, I care too much about you to just marry a random person that could make your life miserable."

Ranboo only smiled, glad to know he got the warden's consent without having to even ask.

~

Y/n had been sitting in the courtyard grass with Sam Nook creating a flower crown until she was teleported to the familiar flower field. A smile peaked out from her lips as she stood and turned around to face the tall enderman breed. Walking towards him, she held up the finished white and blue tulip flower crown, placing it on his head once he kneeled far enough before standing straight again. 

A sad smile formed on his lips as he took y/n's hands into his, placing one knee on the ground and staring into her beautiful E/C eyes. "Y/n," he started, "I know this is sudden, and I promise you I would have done this when I was sure you were ready if I had a choice. I would be honored to have you by my side as Queen of Estonia."

Her eyes grew wide as tears pricked the edge of them, she fell speechless making Ranboo worried once pulling the black ring with a cubicle-shaped amethyst lying on top of it. "I-I-I-", taking in a breath she shut her eyes as she shouted, "yes, of course!"

He placed the ring on her finger before pulling her into a long embrace, lifting her from the ground as he did so. "I promise I will explain everything," he muffled into her shoulder. "I never wanted to rush things like this."

"I know," she said soothingly, "thank you, I would've said yes even if it was centuries from now."

Ranboo hadn't expected her to accept his proposal. If anything, it shocked him that she didn't say no. They sat down on the grass together as Ranboo explained the situation while y/n fiddled with the new ring on her finger, listening and understanding all he had to say. Rubbing the back of his neck nervously, he glanced over at her every few seconds to see her reaction to things he said. "So technically you were supposed to get married as soon as you were crowned but they let it slide since you had just become an adult?" She asked.

He nodded, "yeah, basically."

"But because of the new threats they are asking you to get married to someone as soon as possible, and are expecting an answer by tomorrow."

Again, he nodded.

"Wow," she breathed, "I'm sorry, this must be hard for you."

Ranboo shook his head, "it's nothing, I was starting to get curious when it was going to get brought up," he said, "it's mainly because they want to strengthen the unity of the kingdom, and to make us seem stronger considering all the... attacks recently."

The girl hummed in response, understanding what he was speaking of. To her though, it felt as if it were her fault. Possibly because she continued to speak with Dream, their leader, had he been using her to infiltrate the kingdom walls? No, he would never do that to her. He was her friend. "Are you okay with this?" She asked, making him snap his head towards her. "I mean, technically you don't have to, you are the king."

He nodded at her words, sighing to himself. "Yes, technically I can say I don't have to, but that would be unfair to my council, and the kingdom. I shouldn't toss aside their opinions as if they don't mean anything. They do have a point to this in some cases."

She smiled at him, knowing that he was making the right decision in listening to his subjects' thoughts and opinions. Though she wishes that he didn't feel pressured to do this, even if it is for the best. "Then let's do it," she said, barely above a whisper to where Ranboo could hear. 

"Do what?"

"Get married. Let's get married as soon as possible so we don't have to worry about it later."

He chuckled at her statement. Standing up, he took her hand bringing her with him as he teleported back to the castle courtyard. 

(words:1113)
Kinda a shorter chapter but I wasn't really sure how to end it so here you go!

Do you like it? :)

More chapters along the way!

Have an amazing day/night and drink plenty of water!

-Exotic Tea