[Chapter:9]

16 years ago

Sam kneeled onto the grass and dirt below him, bowing his head, he began speaking the foreign tongue only few could speak. Once finished, a bright green light flashed in front of him as the Dreamon DreamXD appeared in front of him. Looking up, the god had a white mask with the last two letters of his name engraved on it. "Why did you summon me?" He asked.

"I wish for a child."

The dreamon tilted his head in confusion, "how come?"

Sam stood up, "I have been betrayed by those I dear most. I wish to raise a child and have a family."

The dreamon stared into the soul of the mortal in front of him. He saw the pain of losing his love, the good heart he had that had been abused. He took a second longer before nodding.

He waved his hands as another green light flashed in front of him. When opening his eyes again, the dreamon held out a small child as Sam took her from him. "She is your daughter," said DreamXD. "I recommend you get moving, those men are coming this way."

Sam nodded, about to turn with the child in his arms before looking at the dreamon, "thank you."

And with that, he took off as DreamXD returned to his realm. While Sam ran, yells could be heard behind him from Ponk and the others. Just as Sam turned around to get a glimpse of the men, he made eye contact with Ponk who saw what Sam had done. Sam threw a pearl escaping the enraged hoard of men after him. Hiding behind a bush as they ran off, their voices fading away.

Finally, he looked down at his new daughter, she seemed so perfect. Her features matched his almost with the green and black freckles, and he could sense the creeper hybrid that DreamXD had taken from him into her. He had made her his by blood, his wish came true.

~

Days went by as Sam stopped at whatever house he could find, asking for safety and shelter for a night with his child.

He was eventually gifted a horse by a kind stranger, she seemed to love flowers and gave one to his daughter, blessing her with beauty and love. "What is her name?" The girl asked.

Sam took a second to answer, needing to give her a name without looking like he had kidnapped her, "y/n," he said.

She smiled and nodded, "my name is Hannah Rose, I assume she isn't that old by the looks of it... may I ask where her mother is?"

Sam froze, unsure how to answer. Hannah seemed to notice this covering her mouth with her hands, "oh, I'm sorry! I didn't think-"

"No no," Sam reassured, "it's okay, she never had one. She was gifted from XD. So she has no blood-related mother," he explained.

She seemed to understand as she spoke again, "well, I know there is a kingdom a few miles from here called Estonia, there is a woman named Captain Puffy, she should be able to help you."

He nodded, he was on his way to Estonia to find Puffy anyways, but it was good to know she was one of Puffy's friends. He thanked her before riding off as she waved to him.

By nightfall, he reached the tall dark walls of the kingdom. He was welcomed in by two guards after placing his horse in a public stable. Walking in, the streets were quiet as the torches were lit for anyone who might be walking at this time. He quickly found Puffy's home knocking on her door whilst holding onto y/n tightly in his arm. The door slowly opened revealing a somewhat tired Puffy and a golden shark ten-year-old hiding behind her leg. "Puffy," he said, almost desperate. "I need help."

Her eyes went wide as she looked at the infant in his arm, "Sam, how did you-"

"I summoned him."

A deadly silence went by before Sam continued to speak, "they're after me... Hannah told me to find you and that this was a safe place. Can you help me?"

Without another word she hurried him inside, telling Foolish to go to bed while she helped Sam. She lead him over to a couch as they sat down together, ready to discuss what he should do. "Sam, I'm curious how well you thought this out," she half-joked.

"Not much... but I don't think it was a mistake." He said, looking down at his daughter who let out a soft quiet yawn. He smiled at her before looking at Puffy once again, "please tell me there is somewhere where I can stay. I was told it was safe here and we should be protected."

She thought about it for a second before she had remembered the house that had been abandoned a few months ago. It belonged to an old blacksmith who retired to go live out in the country with his family. She gave him directions of where it was, also a bag full of items and money that could help him out with his new life. "It's not far from here, so if you need anything to help with your little one, you can come to me." She assured him.

"Thanks, Puffy, I mean it."

She smiled before shutting her door as Sam walked off. When he reached the destination, the home seemed not too beat up but needed tending to. He opened the door and walked inside. There was an old table that seemed to need replacing and a kitchen with some old furnaces. Tools lay around the place giving it the idea of how an old blacksmith had indeed once lived here.

He walked up the creaky stairs case and opened the master bedroom and walked in. He sat down on the bed holding his daughter close to him as she slept.

This was a new start for them, and he was going to make it a good one.

(Words:1016)