[Chapter:12]

The doctor Ranboo sent had told her she should rest for a few days from the lack of food and energy. "I am truly sorry that you had gone through such a traumatic event," he said, "to let you starve for so long-"

"Not to be rude," y/n interrupted, "but... I had refused to eat any food they gave me." Her face flushed with embarrassment, she would have gladly rather die there than be raised by Ponk and the rest of the men there. Though admitting it felt embarrassing like she was a stubborn child, which is somewhat true.

The doctor stared at her, shocked at what he heard. He cleared his throat before speaking, "well if you don't mind me asking, does any of your family know?"

She shook her head, "my dad doesn't know much of what happened when I was there, and I haven't told him anything yet."

He hummed in response, he took his glasses off rubbing whatever smudge was on them with his sleeve away. "I know it's not my place to say," he began, "but I think it would be right to tell them what you went through while there. So you can help them better understand how to help you."

She thought about this, he was right, it would be better if she were to tell Sam how she had felt while trapped there, the confusing thoughts that she had while crying on the floor of the room she had been trapped in. "But it's simply a suggestion," he said interrupting her thoughts, "just make sure to get rest for the next couple of days and you should be okay."

She smiled at him, "thank you."

He smiled back, "no problem, you had the king very worried, I'm just glad to have helped."

He then left the room, leaving her with her thoughts. She sat on the edge of the bed in the room Ranboo had offered her before and convinced her to stay in after dinner yesterday. He wanted her to be safe, in case another break-in happened. He had placed two guards outside her door and then had two new ones in the morning which the doctor ran into. Placing her elbow on her knee, she leaned her face into the palm of her hand staring at the wall across from her. She was curious about what Sam was doing, he said he was busy and needed to deal with something, which oddly enough, so did almost everyone else. Ranboo had told her he needed to discuss something with Phil and some others, Puffy brought her spare clothes from her house since she knew where the spare key was then had to leave immediately for something also important. She had a strong feeling about what it was about. Are they talking about Ponk... or his boss? She thought.

She forced herself off of the bed, placing her dirty clothes neatly for the maid that was supposed to get them later, and walked towards the door. Opening it, she was met with the same knights the doctor had met this morning walking into her room. They looked down at her and smiled, "good morning!" The one to her right greeted.

"Morning!" She greeted back, a strong smile forced on her face.

Before she could walk off, the knight to her left stopped her, "miss, the king has ordered for us to walk with you."

She stood there for a second, she quickly nodded as she continued to walk, both knights following behind her, alert for anything that could pop out and attack at any second. The halls seemed less busy than the night she had been kidnapped, though they were most likely like this yesterday, she wouldn't have noticed being too caught up in whatever conversation she was in with Ranboo.

Ranboo...

The thought of him made her heart skip a beat. The soft smile he would give her, the gentle kiss on her knuckles he would give, his voice whenever he would say her name...
She shook her head vigorously trying to get these thoughts out of her head, confusing the knights next to her who quickly ignored it. I can't think of my friend like that... I can't think of a king like that!