Making her think

Juvia P.O.V

As we watched the first fight of the two man battle end with Ichiya pulling out a victory,  I saw Natsu looking alittle down, and I felt my lips fall into a frown, he and Erza talked and he become excited again over what she said, my lips immediately pulled back into a smile, my eyes glanced over the rest of our team and they looked surprised as well as everyone else, that somehow the little troll man was able to beat Quatro cer- I mean Quarto Puppy, my smile widen at the memory of Elfman beating Bacchus, everyone in the guild is so strong, anybody could've been put on our team and we would have a great chance at winning, but the five that got chosen I believe are our best bet at victory; Laxus, Gray, Erza, Gajeel, and Natsu will lead us to becoming the number one guild in Fiore again, I just know it. The next battle was announced that it was going to be Lyon and Yuka  of Lamia Scale vs Kagura and Millianna of Mermaid Heel. I am actually hoping for Lyon to win.

"Just letting you know I am going to be rootin' for Mermaid Heel. And that's only because I've known Millianna since the whole Tower of Heaven thing went down." Happy said excitedly, standing next to Levy. Levy turned her body towards Happy.

"Well, I'm going to be cheering for Lamia Scale. It's the least I can do since they're always helping us." She said, she does have a point, we probably would have never been found if it wasn't for Lamia Scale or Blue Pegasus. Macao came up on the side of Levy.

"Yes, indeed. It's very noble of you to honor them in that way." He said, his hands on his waist, then he appeared next to the rest of the males, looking down to were the competitors are.

"You do that kid, meanwhile we're rooting for Mermaid Heel 'cause they're hotties!" Wakaba exclaimed. I, along with the other girls mentally rolled our eyes at them. Levy turned towards me.

"Lemme guess, you're gonna be cheering for Lyon, eh Juvia?" She asked, with a slight smile on her face. She would be correct, but I didn't get time to answer, as Mira and Cana were on both sides of me.

"So has he confessed his undying love to you yet?" Cana asked, with her arm resting on my shoulder.

"oh c'mon, you can tell us. Inquiring minds wanna know." MIra said, leaning back into me. I sat with my hands in my lap with a passive look on my face. 

"Well, kinda." I started, looking down to my hands, "I guess he did." I finished, letting out a sigh. Usually, whenever Lyon makes an advance is the only time Gray shows an ounce of care about what I do, and then he acts more like I am a possession, then a human with feeling, I started getting upset about how I can't seem to do anything that makes Gray happy, cause I am always to obsessive or to clingy, but I don't know how to show I care any other way.

"I am so torn, I don't know what to do!!" I said, starting to grip my hat and freaking out on the girls. I really don't know what to do anymore, my whole Fairy Tail career has been centered around doing anything for Gray.

"Uh. No need to freak out, okay?" Levy said, her hand up, like she was going to reach out to me.

"Is there something bothering you?" MIra asked, her big eyes wide and wonder and I am guessing some concern.

"If so, you can tell us. You'll feel a lot better if you get it off your chest." Cana said, leaning towards me. I bent forward, covering my face with my forearms and yelled. I don't know if I should tell them that I am realizing I have no future with Gray like I thought I did, that I am losing hope in it and I don't think there is anyway to reignite it.

"What's going on Juvia?" Levy asked. I shook my head at her as I felt the tears welling in my eyes, I took a deep breath and welled them away.  I stood up and started shaking her.

"Juvia doesn't know what to do anymore Levy, she has given up hope on anything coming from her beloved" I said, slowly stopping shaking her as I neared the end of my statement. "Gray doesn't love me, and I can't force him." I said, sinking back in my seat, the girls looked at me in shock, that I was sitting there saying I am about to give up on Gray. I heard Lyon muttering something about, if he wins this battle he will prove his love to me and can win me over. I shake my head at that, dealing with Lyon now, has made me open my eyes to how I have been treating Gray, and if Lyons attempts haven't won me over, I highly doubt anything I do with Gray will make him want to be with me. "It's been so long since I have done anything that hasn't to do with Gray or anything about him, I never realized how consumed I was by him till Lyon started making his advancements, then I opened my eyes and saw that I was doing the same thing. Juvia just wants somebody to love her, like she loves everyone else." I said, looking down and letting one lone tear fall from my eye. I felt three different pairs of arms wrap around me, as the girls pulled me into a group hug. 

"It might now be the love you are looking for," Levy started to say, smiling down at me.

"But, we love you Juvia." Mira said, finishing the sentence.

"And, if anyone has a probably with you or how you love, they can kick rocks, cause some people love with more of themselves and express it differently. If you want to get over Gray, go for it, but do what is going to make you happy girl, cause that is what's important here." Cana said, her arm still around my shoulder, I nodded my head at them. 

"I love you guys to. Juvia thinks she's going to have a talk with Gray after the games and demand he gives Juvia a straight answer." I said, finally done with the cat and mouse game that we've been trapped in.

                                                                                Natsu P.O.V

I was watching the field, but I was also watching Juvia and she was freaking out about something, even with my dragon hearing, I can't hear what is going on. I hope it's nothing serious, my heart clenched at the thought of something being wrong with her and not knowing about it. This might be surprising, but I actually have feeling for Juvia, everyone thinks it's Lucy I am in love with, but it's not, and it wouldn't matter if it was anyways, because in the end, Juvia is the one who is my mate, she is the one I am destined to be with for the rest of our lives. I haven't been able to bring it up to her or tell her, I don't want to make things awkward for us, we are in a good place in our friendship and I don't want to fuck it up by telling her I love her and we are destined to be together. I heard Lyon mention something about winning this battle and proving to Juvia that his love for her is pure. I mentally rolled my eyes at that, if she hasn't noticed anybody but icedick at this point, she isn't going to at all, trust me I've been trying. As long as Juvia is happy and taken care of, I don't care about myself, all I want for her to realize her worth and she shouldn't have to try so hard for someone who isn't going to recuperate her feelings. I hope she realize that there are better options out there, even if it's not me.