The Journey Home

Natsu P.O.V

I was walking back to Juvia and Happy when I saw she was talking to Metal Head, Levy, and Panther Lily, everyone, with myself included knew they were close, basically like siblings. She was pouting about something, and I felt my heart beat faster at her puffed out cheeks I got closer to them, I saw that Gajeel saw me approaching and smirked, but turned to look at Juvia. I don't think I like that look on his face.

"Well, we gotta get goin' Rain Drop, so, I'll see ya back at the guild, watch where you are walking ghihi." He snickered. I wonder what he meant by that. He turned to look at me, but the smirk he had on his face was gone, his stoic expression took over. "You better take care of her Salamander, cause if not, I am not just going to be gettin' revenge for you shoving me down in that minecart." He said, his voice deadly serious.

"I got her Iron Breath, nothin' is gonna happen to her on my watch." I told him, he gave me a nod, after one last ruffle of Juvia's hair, he walked off followed by Levy, who was carrying Panther Lily. 

                                                                           Juvia P.O.V

As Gajeel was walking away I thought about our conversation. He admitted that he was him who pushed me into Natsu to see what would happen, in his words, 'We are bein' a bunch of wussies and need to hurry the hell up before we got old.' I shook my head at my best friend, leave it to him to try and speed up romance. 

"You ready to go Juves?" I heard Natsu asked, I turned to look at him, he was standing with his hands behind his head. I nodded my head at him. 

"Juvia is ready whenever Natsu is." I said, with a smile on my face. His face lit up into his grin, his fanged canines showing.

"Well then, let's get going!" He said excitedly. My smile brightened at his enthusiasm. We started walking, getting out of the city into the forest that surrounds Crocus. "You know, I am glad we made this arrangement, not only do we get to spend more time together, if we didn't I probably would be in a carriage throwing up my guts." Natsu said, a shudder going down his spine at the thought of transportation. I let out a giggle at his actions.

"Juvia is glad to, it's always nice to have company traveling. Usually Juvia travels with Gajeel or she travels alone." I said, still walking forward keeping step with Natsu. Happy was on top of my head.

"Oh yeah, you do most of your missions with Metal Head, huh? Why don't you go with anyone else?" Natsu asked, looking at me out of the corner of his eye.

"Yes, Juvia normally does missions with Gajeel, he is the closest person to Juvia, the first person who ever claimed Juvia as family, so that is why she tends to do missions with him. Juvia has tried to invite Gray on missions, but he just brushes Juvia off or comes up with an excuse." I told him, looking down at the ground, my movement becoming slower, but I never fully stopped. "Juvia never thought to ask anybody else to go on missions with her, she was always so consumed with getting Grays attention, she never once thought anybody would wanna put up with her." I said, finally just stopping. I saw Natsu also stopped a couple steps ahead of me.

"Anybody would love to go on missions with ya Juve, myself included in that. So if you ever feel like going on a mission with somebody that isn't Gajeel, come ask me, or I know Lucy would love to get closer with you." He said, looking at me. I looked up at him.

"Lucy really wants to become closer with Juvia, even after Juvia thinking she was a love rival?" I asked, playing with the sleeves on my shirt.

"Of course she does Juvia, she knows that you would never hurt her and you didn't mean anything by it, you were just caught up in being in love with Ice Dick." Natsu said, shrugging. "Everyone knows that you just wanted to be loved Juvia, nobody thought you were a bad person." Natsu said, I looked into his eyes and they held some much intensity in them.  "Now c'mon, let's keep going, we only have a couple more hours before we get home." He said, grabbing my arm and pulling me forward, I stepped a bit, almost making Happy fall from his perch on top of my head. I let out a laugh as I was dragged forward, a smile lit up Natsu's handsome face. After a while, he stopped dragging me, but he still had a light grip on my wrist, as if he didn't want to let go. I saw we were nearing the out skirts of Magnolia, the sun was close to setting. I let out a quiet sigh that our journey together would be coming to an end soon, Natsu would be going his way to his home and I would be going to mine. "What's up Juvia?" Natsu asked, looking to me, finally dropping his hand from my wrist, the warmth he brought me quickly dissipating. I didn't think I sighed that loud. I blushed alittle that I caught his attention.

"O-oh, it's nothing honestly." I said, shaking my head, I don't wish to impose on him. He gave me a look that said, I don't believe you. I let out another sigh, I was not getting out of this. "Juvia has just really enjoyed our time together, and she doesn't want it to end so soon." I said, my fingers wrapped around eachother, my nerves through the roof that I just admitted that I wanted to still hang out with him, after already being with him for most of the day. He was probably sick of being with me. His eyes softened and he gave me a small grin.

"Why didn't you say so Juves!? I would love to keep hanging out with ya! I have the perfect thing to do, come on, let's go to my house real quick to drop of Happy and some of this stuff." He said excitedly, walking a head of me, I walked quickly to keep up with him. We soon came apon his and Happy's humble home. He slowly lifted Happy off my head after he unlocked the door. Who knew that Natsu actually locked his house? "You can come in if you want to real quick if you wanna put your bag down, so you can have a break from carrying it." Natsu said, walking into his home. I contemplated, and decided to put my bag down. I walked in and was surprsied to see his home surprisingly clean. I put my bag down by the door, so it wasn't in the way. Natsu came out of a hallway without the little blue exceed. "Do you want a drink or somethin' before we go? I can grab us some water." He asked, scratching the back of his neck. 

"Juvia would like some water please if it's no  trouble Natsu." I said, nodding my head. He waved his hand in front of him and walked into the kitchen. I looked around and saw a wall that was covered in mission requests, souvenirs, and pictures. I smiled at some, and was surprised to see a picture of me on the wall. It was when I first joined Fairy Tail, when my hair was cut short and my white and blue outfit, I had a big smile that showed my teeth, my head was topped with the hat. I don't know why I always wore the hats, maybe it had something to do with it protected my head when it would rain, but I don't know why the need for hats followed me into Fairy Tail when the rain no longer existed. 

"Ah, I see you found my memory wall." Natsu said, walking back into the room carrying two water bottles. He walked over to me. I took mine, saying a thank you.

"Natsu, Juvia has question." I said, nervously playing with the bottle.

"What is it?" He said, looking at me, with his eyebrow raised.

"Why do you have a picture of Juvia when she first joined Fairy Tail?" I asked him.  I saw a light blush go across his cheeks.

"I-I just thought it was a really nice picture of you, and I try to have pictures of all my friends, some alone, while some are in groups. But that one was a really nice one of ya, so I wanted it on my wall." He said, stuttering at the beginning, but becoming more confident at the end. I looked around, and in deed there was pictures of mostly everyone, like he said, most were in groups, while some was alone, but the one of me was in the middle of everything. "Are you uh, ready to go Juve?" He asked. I turned to him and nodded. I followed him out of the house, and followed him to where he was leading me, which was a hill. It was the perfect view to watch the sun finished setting. "I know you sometimes like to watch the sun set and everything, so I figured we would sit up her together and watch it." He said, a sheepish smile on his face and blush. I walked the edge of the hill and sat, I smiled at him brightly and patted the spot next me, indicating for him to sit down. Which he did, right next me, I put my head on his shoulder as I watched the sun set, and as the sun set, I felt my eyes dropping, my energy leaving my body, I tired to fight it, but I felt so relaxed with Natsu, I couldn't. I gave in and fell asleep on Natsu's shoulder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author Note: I hope you all enjoyed it, I really liked focusing more on the soft moments of these two. Like always, none of Fairy Tail is mine, it all belongs to Hiro Mashima.