The Beginning of the Zodiacs

Juvia P.O.V
I was sitting in the guild, in the corner, not doing much when Mira called me over to the bar. I got up and walked over to her.

"What can Juvia help you with Mira?" I asked her, slightly tilting my head to the side. I saw out of the corner of my eye that Gray was standing maybe 2 feet away from me. I furrowed my brows, but kept my view towards the demon who summoned us.

Mira take out a paper, I am assuming it's a request. "It looks like a water and ice mages are needed for this request." She put the paper on the table so we can see it. I read it over quickly, it was from a town who was unnaturally going through a heat wave. I really do not wish to go on a mission with Gray, but I'll do it if it helps the guild and can help people. Natsu isn't going to like this, but hopefully he'll understand when he gets back from his mission with Lucy and Happy. Since we've gotten together we've been on a couple missions together, I have also gone on a few with Lucy, and then with all of us together. I found out that when Lucy first joined the guild she had a crush on Natsu, but she got over it quickly when she realized that Natsu didn't return her feelings, and soon after I joined, and he started to like me. I looked towards Mira, I saw her lips moving, but I didn't hear anything that she was saying. I shook my head slightly. "Juvia?" I heard her soft voice call out my name, I heard concern laced through her voice.

"Juvia apologizes, she must have zoned out there. What were you saying Mira?" I asked her. She let out a sigh and shook her head.

"I was just saying that I would send Lucy with Aquarius, but she is still gone with Natsu. Are you ok with doing this job?" Mira asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Juvia is fully capable of doing this job." I said, determination seeping through my voice. I turned to face Gray, and tilted his head to the side. "Is Gray ready?" I asked him.

"Ready when ever you are Juvia." He said, giving me a smirk at his slight innuendo. I mentally rolled my eyes at him, he was being serious when he said that he wouldn't just drop trying to win me back.

"Juvia always has a go bag with her, so she is ready to go." I told him, he nodded his head and started walking towards the front doors, I turned to look at Mira. "Once Natsu returns, can you inform him Juvia went on a mission with Gray and that Juvia will return soon?" I asked her.

"Of course Juvia! I'll let him know for ya!" She said, a smile on her face. I nodded my head in thanks, with a small smile on my lips. I turned and started walking towards the doors where Gray was waiting. We proceeded to walk out the giant doors, and on to the path of the town we had to cool down. Hopefully Natsu will not be to mad at Juvia.

                        Natsu P.O.V
Lucy, Happy, and I were all heading back to the guild after the last mission we were on, and I was so excited to see Juvia. It's been about 2 days since I've last saw her and I was itching to have her in my arms again. I burst through the doors and looked around for Juvia, but she wasn't anywhere in sight. I deflated, but perked up, maybe she was at home. Before I could run out, Mira called me over. I walked over to her quickly.

"What's up Mira?" I asked, leaning on the bar on my forearms.

"I am about to tell you something, and you have to not go crazy with what I am about to say." Mira said, looking at me with her look that says if you go against what I say, I am going to go demon on you. I nodded my head and furrowed my eyebrows, what can be so bad that she would give me her demon look? "Juvia is on a mission with Gray-"

"WHAT?!" I yelled out. Mira quickly gave me a look and I calmed down alittle. "What mission did they go on?" I asked trying to keep my cool.

"Every since the Grand Magic Games ended, shortly after, things have been crazy all over the place. Gray and Juvia went on a mission to a town that started to have a heatwave and most of the population was starting to become ill from how hot it was." Mira said. I let out a sigh of course, if it had to do with helping anybody and the good of the guild Juvia would be one of the first people to go. Mira and Lucy were talking about a mission we could go on. Apparently an island has an influx of giant sea monsters or something like that, so we are going to go to the island and take em all out. Mira and Lucy finished up talking as I finished eating some food Mira brought out to me. Lucy turned towards me.

"You ready to go do is Natsu?" She asked, a slight smirk on her face. I gave him one back.

"Oh, I was born ready Luce." I replied.

"Hey Natsu." Mira said, before I started to walk away. I turned to her and raised an eyebrow to signal her to continue. "Don't be to mad at Juvia, I am the one who gave her the mission." She said. I shook my head at her.

"I am not mad at anybody Mira, I trust Juvia's judgement, and no matter how much this pains me to say, I trust Gray to take care of her and watch her back." I said, and with that, I gave Mira a wave and we were off to this island. Of course we had to take a carriage. I wish we just walked, but we had to get there pronto to deal with this. One of the sea creature appeared put of no where, Lucy told us to hang back and let her and her spirits handle it, so I did. She walked up to the water to call on Aquarius, but nobody came. She tried another, same thing, and another. I saw that this wasn't going to end well if I didn't step in, so I did. I quickly took care of the creature. Lucy, Happy, and I were walking through the woods when Lucy was trying to use her keys, but everytime, nothing would happen, until I smelt a familiar smell, but I couldn't pin point who it belonged to. A whip got wrapped around Lucy and she was pulled away from me. I know who it belongs to, why is she doing this?

"Who are you?! Why are you doing this?" Lucy yelled at the women. She finally got a good look at her and she froze. "No..." She said, hey eyes widening in realization.

"It is Lucy, there's no doubt about it. That's Virgos scent, ain't mistaking it." I told, putting my hand on her shoulder to steady her.

"Why Virgo, why are you doing this??" Lucy exclaimed, the pain heavy in her voice.

"To be freed of chains that ties us to humans!" Virgo yelled. They began to fight, but everytime I tried to intervene, Lucy told me to stay away, until it got to the point of her beginning to loose consciousness, I swept her away from the whip that was wrapped around her. After a couple minutes, a group of people joined along side Virgo. All those scents, it's not just Virgo, it's everyone? Why, what happened to cause this? All I hope is Juvia is ok, and this isn't affecting her in anyway.

______________________________________________________________________________

Author Note: Another chapter done! I didn't go into to much detail with this arc yet, but I am planning on the watching and going from where I stopped this chapter. Hiro Mashima owns all that has to do with Fairy Tail, I just own the story I came up with.