Dragon King Festival Part 1

Juvia P.O.V.

We were all together after our victory of The Grand Magic Games, I smiled that we all get patched up and nobody was seriously harmed. I felt someone nudge me, and I looked over to see Gajeel standing next to me with a smirk on his face. 

"I told you our conversation from earlier wasn't over rain drop." He said, placing his arm on top of my head. I let out a sigh, of course Gajeel wouldn't drop it so easily. "So, who caught your eye that got you away from the stripper'?" He asked, looking down at me smirking.

"Why does Gajeel want to know so bad?" I asked, pouting slightly. 

"Multiple reasons, but the main one, is cause you seem happier Ameonna, it doesn't look like you got the weight of the world on ya shoulders." I said, looking down giving me a serious look. "Salamander betta treat ya right, or I have no problem putting out that fire he's always spewing." Gajeel said, I gasped, how did he? "Gihihi, I wasn't sure, but that reaction gave it away." He said, throwing his head back laughing. 

"How did Gajeel figure out Juvia has taken a liking to Natsu?" I asked him, looking up to him.

"Any time y'all are together, you are always looking at eachother, like the others gonna disappear, also, I heard y'all talking in the hallway at the arena, you are both like kids who are scared to catch cooties, gihihi." He started snickering again. 

"Hmph!" I huffed out, crossing my arms over my chest and pouting. "Gajeel is so mean to Juvia." I said, he let out a laugh. I heard someone clear their throat behind us, I turn to see Gray standing there, did he hear me talking to Gajeel about my feelings? "G-Gray." I stuttered out, even though I don't have such strong feelings for him anymore, I still get anxious, because I don't know how to act around him normally after everything.

"Hey, can, we uh, can we talk?" He asked, rubbing the base of his neck, his nervous tick. Why is he nervous? I nodded my head, I walked forward to go by him.

"What does Gray wish to talk to Juvia about?" I asked, putting my hands together behind my back.

"So uh, I know that I told you I would give an answer-" He started, but was cut off by cheering, we looked over to see the King Toma getting ready to speak. I   to Gray and saw him sigh, I guess we will have to finish this conversation. 

"Thank you all for coming. I hate to spoil the mood after the splendid display of wizardry we've seen today, but...I'm afraid Fiore's heart may soon be in the claws of a dragon horde." The king announced, looking around to all the guilds. Master looked surprised.

"I thought Acnologia was the only one." Master stated, surprise and shock in his voice.

"As we speak, a large-scale counter-offensive is underway at the castle." Everyone let out a gasp. "The Eclipse Canon." Everyone stopped for a moment, muttering could be heard through the guilds. "We will use it to wipe out the attacking dragons, all ten thousand of them at once." He stated, like it was a matter of fact, the muttering continued. "I can sense your concern. Regrettablt, given the sheer number of the dragon's forces, a few hundred will survive the attack." Master gave his agreement. "So I implore you, guild wizards! Please lend Fiore your assistance in dealing with this crisis. You are the best hope we have for slaying any dragons the Eclipse cannot." His voice straining, he bowed forward. "I beg of you. Don't let this Kingdom fall into ruin." He said, still looking down. A beat of silence passed, and then everyone began to cheer, Master agreeing right away. "Thank you all." The king added, looking down crying. I saw Erza talking to a guard.

"The royal army has captured some of our comrades but we're going to need there help." She said, her warrior face firmly planted on her face. 

"They're safe. I was informed they recently joined Princess Hisui at the gate."  The guard said. I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding. If they made it to the Princess, they are safe, Natsu is ok. Gajeel looked up smirking.