Chapter 5

HERMIONE P.O.V

God, I hope this works. If it doesn't show Draco how much I love him, then nothing will. And, hey. Even if he yells at me at least he'll be talking to me, acknowledging that I exist, right?

"Hermione, you're up to something. I can tell." Harry is suspicious, frowning as we wait for Ron and Ginny to catch up before we enter the Great Hall for breakfast. I turn to look at him. If he thinks he's getting anything out of me, he is sorely mistaken.

"Don't be so ridiculous, Harry. All that air you swallow while flying on that broomstick must finally be getting to you." I say, sniffing dismissively before turning away and walking into the Great Hall, Ron and Ginny now behind me, having just emerged from the stairs. As I walk to my seat, my eyes instinctively scan the Slytherin table, which runs parallel to ours for Draco. Ah, there he is. Immediately, I feel a heat in my cheeks as I blush furiously. I smile brightly at him. He's looking even yummier than usual, in a black t-shirt that hugs his toned torso to perfection (a toned torso which I've never had the good fortune to see). I hug myself, happy.

Only a few more minutes to go...

DRACO P.O.V

Why the Hell is Granger smiling at me like that? What is she planning now? She'd better not try anything or-. But then again, why would she? I'm sure she learnt her lesson yesterday. She can adore me from afar like everybody else, but that's about it. And I do mean from afar. Or she'll have to deal with me again and I am more than angry enough to do more than just insult her if that becomes the case.

Relaxing, I sit back and laugh at Blaise's joke as if I had actually been listening. Hmm... I wonder what I've got first... wait a minute... What The Fuck is that? I swear I've already received today's mail.... Wait another minute... I have already gotten today's mail. But then why on God's green Earth is that snow-white owl swooping down towards me?

All eyes are on bird that has now dropped a red envelope from a great height above me. There are some gasps as people with the eyesight of demented telescopes see what it is. From here I can't see anything but a red blob free falling towards me, but, as it gets nearer... OH, NO. OH, GOD NO. A HOWLER? You HAVE to be kidding me.

The 8th Plague of the Earth drops onto my plate and I look at it, apprehensive. Who could it be from? I hope to God that it's not from who I think it-

"DRACO," Granger's voice reverberates throughout the Great Hall. " I KNOW THAT I'M JUST ONE OF THE MANY GIRLS WHO ARE TRYING TO GET YOUR ATTENTION, BUT I JUST HAVE TO LET YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL." I sit in horrified shock. This CANNOT be happening to me.

"YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS AND I LOVE YOU MORE THAN WORDS CAN SAY. I LOVE YOU MORE THAN THERE ARE SAND PARTICLES OR STARS. I LOVE YOU MORE-"

Oh, Hell NO. This has got to stop and now. Jumping up, I snatch the missive where Granger is continuing to declare exactly how much she loves me and stalk over to the window. Aside from the mudblood's ranting, the Hall is completely silent..

Oh, God. I spoke too soon. As I open the window and hurl the red envelope out of the window, the Hall erupts into laughter. I turn around to see students and teachers alike thumping the tables, falling off chairs and (oh, how disgusting) spraying partly digested food everywhere. How dare they?

My face grim with anger, I sit back in my seat. Wait one burger-flipping second... that sound of cackling very close to me... could that be my fellow Slytherins? I slap my hand hard against the table. Instantly, they fall deadly silent, recognising exactly who they are laughing at and that I am NOT playing games.

OK, maybe if I ignore the remaining few who are stupid enough to continue laughing, they'll stop and this entire episode will be forgotten by- Oh, who am I trying to kid? This will go down in Hogwarts' history. The only thing that I have to be thankful for is that the many Hogwarts newspapers and magazines haven't yet started back up, having had to be looking for new 7th Year Editors.