Chapter 22

HERMIONE P.O.V

"So, why did you run out in the middle of breakfast?" my raven haired best friend asks me, hand still racing across the parchment, copying down notes. Damn it. I pause in my own not taking and gulp, nervous. Parvati and Lavender had fallen for my 'let my journal in the Library' excuse, but I should have known better than to think Harry would believe it for one second.

I continue scribbling for a moment to give myself enough time to come up with a plausible excuse. I can see Harry looking at me out of the corner of my eye, one dark eyebrow raised, unimpressed.

"And don't even think about trying to lie to me," He continues, a smirk worthy of a Slytherin crossing his lips. Once again; damn it.

I sigh in exasperation as I put down my quill and rub my forehead, tiredly. Fine.

"I-I was jealous, OK," I admit, in a voice so quiet I'll be surprised if he heard me at all. Not that that would be such a curse. OK, so I was wrong. His smirk widens even further and, as I narrow my eyes at him, something occurs to me.

"Hey, weren't you too?" I ask him, quietly, eyes darting around for eavesdroppers. "Don't you judge me."

"No, why should I be?" he's looking at me like I'm crazy.

"Don't you like Ginny?" I ask, an understandable frown on my face. I mean it's common knowledge that he adores the sexy redhead.

"Sweetie, that's old news," he leans back in his chair, nonchalantly. I blink surprised. I guess I really missed out on a lot during September. I nod at him.

"Just so you know," he picks up his pen once more. "The whole gang is going to Hogsmeade together."

Oh, God. This is all I need right now. To have to spend even more time around Hogwart's favorite couple. But I can't refuse and go with some other people. It'll be splashed all over the headlines as a sign of jealousy over 'Dreasley', and I cannot allow either half to realize how I feel.

So, even thought it's killing me inside, I nod in acceptance at Harry's statement.

14:57/ TUESDAY 19TH OCTOBER/ CLASSROOM 29/ DADA

DRACO P.O.V

TO: Silverdragon

FROM: Daboihu

SUBJECT: Hogsmeade Trip

Saturday's trip is your chance to remind Mione of how good things were between you when she was under the potion's influence.

DON'T SCREW IT UP!

18:36/ WEDNESDAY 20TH OCTOBER/ HEAD'S QUARTERS

HERMIONE P.O.V

The Confundus charm is used for...

The Confun-

Oh, this is useless. I slap down my quill in annoyance. I still can't get Draco out of my head. That smile, that hair, those eyes...

GODDAMNIT!

See what I mean? This Charms homework is never going to get done at this rate. Ah, well. It isn't due for two weeks, anyway. I've got ages till then.

Sighing, I pack away my books and push my bag off my bed and onto the floor, before flopping back onto the duvet. Now, what? I will not- no- I REFUSE to continue thinking about D-him.

So, what now?

KNOCK. KNOCK.

"Come in," I answer, listlessly. It's probably Ginny and I really don't want to see her- but, no, it's Draco. As soon as I see him, an intense burst of happiness wells up within me and a bright smile spreads across my face. Great, he must think I'm a right loon, grinning like a clueless idiot. But he just smiles back and leans against the doorjamb, managing to look boyishly cute and unbelievable sexy at the same time.