Chapter 8

NARRATOR 

Well, here we are. You said you wanted to see the rest of the Heads' pad again and, well, this is it. OK, now let's leave before they-

Oh, God. OK, forget that plan. Someone's coming. Let's just hide in this towel closet and hope they don't open it...

Hermione Granger opens the door from her room in a casual outfit consisting of  black jeans and a cold shoulder jumper. Normally, she wouldn't go for such a scandalous look but Ginny forced her to wear her so called gift, saying she looks too much like Madame Pince. She walks over to the white sink and picks up her toothbrush, squeezing some Colgate onto it, and moves it mechanically over her teeth. Every so often, she spits into the sink delicately and inspects the effects of her progress in the large circular mirror above it.

Suddenly, the door from Draco Malfoy's room bangs open and the Head Boy himself struts in, albeit more hurriedly than is usual for him. He turns to one of the two large wicker laundry baskets and starts to rummage through it frantically, chucking clothes onto the white marble bathroom floor. His search, however, turns out to be futile and, after stooping to the floor, scooping up the errant items of clothing and dumping them back in the basket, he turns to the Head Girl in exasperation.

"Have you seen my basketball cap anywhere?" he asks, desperately. Hermione glances up at him. She obviously didn't notice his frantic entrance.

"Uh, no, I haven't." she shakes her wavy, chocolate haired head, apologetically. He looks so sexy when he's all over the place. "But I'll make sure to leave it in your room if I find it."

Draco nods a response before going to stand behind her in order to inspect his handsome reflection. To say that he is only slightly taller than her would be like saying that the Mona Lisa is a mere doodle.

"What lesson do we have first?" Hermione asks, heart thumping at his proximity. She can feel the heat practically radiating off him. He pauses in his efforts to arrange his long side fringe, for a moment.

"Defence Against the Dark Arts, I think," he muses, running a hand through his slightly wavy hair. She nods gratefully, going back to tidying her own locks.

"Oh, and BTW, we have avery short Prefect Meeting at a quarter past one," she gently reminds Draco, looking up at him. He looks down at her and nods before walking away.

"'K. Guess I'll see you there then."

As he walks out of the room, a small smile forms on the beautiful Head Girl's face...

17:23/ THURSDAY 15TH SEPTEMBER/ 1ST FLOOR/ CLASSROOM 11

DRACO P.O.V

OK, this is getting annoying. I mean, since when is the Gryffindor Princess late for anything? And yet here I am sitting alone in the Prefect's Meeting that we were meant to start around ten minutes ago, now. And everyone is starting to look a little bored. And, no, before you ask, I do NOT know how both the remaining members of the Silver and Golden Trios were all made prefects. God knows we created enough havoc just being plain old students. But, hey. I guess if I can be made Head Boy, anything can happen, right?

"OhmiGod, I am so sorry I'm so late. I had to go see McGonogall and I lost track of time." The girl we've all been waiting for bursts into the room, bringing with her a sudden rush of cold air. Well, about bloody time. She anxiously watches me for a reaction as everyone turns to look at her.

"It doesn't matter. We hadn't started anyway. Take a seat." I surprise everyone in the room by airily waving away her worried apologies. All in the vicinity turn to stare at me as if I've suddenly grown an extra head. Hermione simply gazes at me blankly with those honey eyes of hers for a moment, before smiling gratefully. For some reason, I can't help but watch her as she walks over to her seat opposite mine at the other end of the rectangular table. She really does have a beautiful smile.