Chapter 23

HERMIONE P.O.V

I wave to Lee Jordan who reciprocates. I love that guy. The twins made him manager of their Hogsmeade branch so that they're free to monitor their flagship store over in Diagon Alley. Now, let's see if I can wrangle some free merchandise...

The whole gang has been in here for the past half an hour and we've all got carrier bags bulging with the latest in pranking merchandise. I, of course, don't plan to use what I've bought - I'm just saving it for when Harry and Ron inevitably run out, so that they don't have to risk getting caught trying to sneak out to Hogsmeade to buy some more (as they almost did at the end of 6th Year). I yawn. I'm so exhausted; we've been shopping all day and I still haven't bothered to look for a dress to wear to the Ball. But, no worries, I've still got a whole other week.

"Harry and I are a bit hungry," Ginny tells me, throwing her bag over one shoulder/ "We're gonna head over to the Three Broomsticks."

I give her a kiss on the cheek, as does Pansy, but Draco, who is standing right beside me, blatantly ignores her. I roll my eyes at the sudden burst of whispering from the student spectators around us. Ginny, returning the favour, turns her back on him very obviously and leaves the store with Harry. The whispering gets even louder as Blaise, Pansy and Ron exchange glances. Is there something going on here that I don't know about?

"Hey, Mione," Pansy says. "We're gonna head back, 'K? Can you stay with Draco?"

Yes. I nod, happy at the suggestion, as they leave.

I turn to see that Draco is looking at a crate of Pygmy Puffs. I love those things; thank God I remembered to buy one this time. He looks up at me, a strand of his side fringe falling into his eyes.

"Where'd the other three go?" he asks.

"Back to school."

He nods, thoughtfully before putting back and orange Puff. He eyes me for a moment, seeming considering something.

"let's get out of here," he says, holding out a hand," I want to show you something."

I glance at his ocean eyes and then take his hand. We walk out of the store to the sounds of excited murmuring.

He leads me around the back of the sore into a small cobbled street with minute cottages either side. And, as we're walking, as the cottages become fields, I get the oddest sense of déjà vu; as if I've been somewhere very much like this before. The slight breeze is fairly warm for the time of year and I'm grateful, I've only got a D&G cropped bomber jacket on.

We're silent as we walk, the wind rustling the remaining leaves of the trees being the only sound. Eventually, we come to a shady woodland which Draco starts leading me thought. Uh, maybe this wasn't such a good idea. I mean, it's kinda dark in here. But, and this surprises me even more than it does you, I trust Draco. Something I wouldn't have said even two short weeks ago.

We have been walking for rather a long time now; over fifteen minutes in this woodland alone. D'ya think-

OH MY GOD...

We're standing at the entrance to the most beautiful place I've ever seen. A clearing about the size of the Great Hall, it has a crystal like lake in center with a grassy, slightly sloping bank leading to it. A severe sense of déjà vu hits me and I gasp in wonder as I turn a full circle, looking at the clearing. Suddenly, a large oak tree catches my eye and I frown at how familiar it seems...

I whip around. He's practically on my tail and, to my surprise, is laughing raucously. More giggles gurgling out of my throat, I turn back around and continue running as fast as I can.