Chapter 26

NARRATOR P.O.V

To who has been so fortunate as to receive this exclusive VIP invite to my Halloween Ball after party...

As you will know, you have only just received this invitation on the very morning of the big night. This is to deter any crashers who will attempt to sneak in. if you happen to know anyone who has the intention to do so, warn them that there will be consequences for those foolish enough to try it.

Moving on. Here are the details.

LOCATION: QUIDDITCH PITCH
TIME: MIDNIGHT (just after the Ball finishes)

You will need to have this invitation to get into both the entrance and the VIP enclosure, so make sure to bring this with you. Apart from a select few (who know who they are), there will be NO exceptions.

I know I'll see you there,

Blaise Zabini

O8: 34/ SATURDAY 30TH OCTOBER/ THE FIELDS/ THE BENCHES/ BREAKFAST

NARRATOR P.O.V

THE BALL - IT'S HERE!
(Front cover picture: moving one of Platinum Six laughing and talking in a prefect meeting)

Party people! It's finally here!

Tonight, the Halloween Ball arrives in all its' highly anticipated glory. As you guys may not know, the reason we are out here eating breakfast in the Fields is because last night our adored Head Boy and Girl prepared the Great Hall for tonight. And, purely from the fact that they spent over three hours in there and haven't allowed anyone in since (not even their precious inner circle), we think we're in for one HELL of a night.

But, let's forget all about that for a moment and focus on what everyone really wants to know. Just who the members of the Platinum Six will show up with. Rumours have been flying as fast as an entire box of runaway snitches, including claims that Pansy Parkinson and Ron Weasley are going together, but one of the most outrageous ones is that Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley are accompanying one another. According to a reliable source (whose identity will not be revealed), they have been secretly dating - yes, even when she was supposed to be with Draco Malfoy - and were the real reason behind Dreasley's very public break up. And, as for Draco and Hermione, no one seems to know who they're going with. Could they possibly be attending together?

But, let's also not forget the fact that even more important than the Ball itself are the parties that succeed it. Now, as we all know, Blaise Zabini's bash is the after party to be at, but it's VIP only and only a select hundred or so 6th and 7th years (including moi, of course) are to attend. There are, however, a few other parties to be seen at (and, no doubt, the Platinum Six will hit after Blaise's finishes at half past two), such as Ernie Mc Millans bash in the ROR, Mathew Samuels' in Classroom 47 and Werner Moss' in the Divination Tower.

Dress up, go crazy, and party like you've never partied before. It's gonna be an incredible night.

Ciao For Now,

The Editor...

18:21/ SATURDAY 30TH OCTOBER/ HEADS' QUARTERS/ DRACO'S ROOM/ THE CLOSET

DRACO P.O.V

I shrug on the black, silk jacket of my tuxedo and brush myself down in front of my wall-to-wall mirror. Looking good, Draco. There won't be a girl at the Ball who won't be loving this. I just hope that the one girl who really matters likes the look, too.

Blaise, Ron, Theo and Harry have been in my room for over and hour now, as my quarters are the only private ones and, naturally, they don't want anyone seeing them till they're ready. The look, and I say this in a purely hetero way, pretty good too. Blaise, unsurprisingly, is going to be the only one in a white tuxedo (due to his permanently attention- seeking nature), while the rest of us sport black ones.