Chapter 24

HERMIONE P.O.V

I wish they would all just leave me alone. Stop asking me questions, inquiring about my opinion on the latest HG Weekly cover story. I'm heartbroken, OK? I just want to be left alone..

" Mione, honey, are you sure you're OK?" Lavender asks me, quietly, eyes concerned.

" Eat something. Maybe it'll make you feel better," Parvarti says, gently pushing a plate of pancakes in my direction. I can't help but smile at their worry. I love these two. Thank God Harry and Ron are at Quidditch Practice, 'cause, if they were here, the situation would be being handled a little less discreetly. Not to mention calmly.

I wave my hand at the pancakes, though. I couldn't stomach eating anything right now, even if I wanted to.

I'm not going to look at him.

I am not going to look at him...

It's useless even trying, isn't it? I glance up at Draco who is seated opposite me, next to - Ginny. My stomach jolts sharply. I hate this. I hate it so much. I can't resist looking at him, but when I do it hurts so badly. It's a lose/lose situation.

I blink quickly to dispense my rapidly gathering tears. This happens every time I look at him. I abhor seeing him with Ginny; every time I do, it's like a knife is stabbing my heart. I never thought being in love would hurt this much.

And the fact that he doesn't feel the same way after the way I treated him after the potion wore off, kills me.

NARRATOR P.O.V

Over at the Slytherin table...
" She looks absolutely devastated"

"What at Dreasley's break up?"

'No, you idiot! Don't you read the papers? Apparently, she wants to get back with Draco."

"But isn't Draco over her?"

"Exactly! That's why she's so upset!"

"Why are Draco and Ginny sitting together, then?"

"Well, apparently they're trying to 'mend their broken relationship'."

"It's so not going to work."

"Tell me about it..."

16:52/ MONDAY 25TH OCTOBER/ GRYFFINDOR TOWER/ 7TH YEAR BOYS' DORMITORY

NARRATOR P.O.V

"I'm really worried, Harry," Ron frets, pacing up and down beside his four poster. "She hasn't said two words to us all day. " he pauses for a moment. "D'ya think she's mad at us?"

Harry sighs, rubbing a hand through his unruly hair.

"Ron, stop that. And, no, I don't think she's mad at us. She's been like that with everyone ever since Potions. Don't stress about it. You know she'll tell us when she's ready."

The two have been here for just over twenty minutes, after they rejected Dean and Seamus' invitation to go down to the Fields. They are the only ones up here, as everyone else has taken advantage of the surprisingly warm weather and gone to the Fields.

SLAM!
Hermione is standing in the doorway, eyes wide and tortured, hair wild and windswept. Her two best friends watch her in surprise.

" I love him and I hate it," she tells them. Suddenly, she bursts into tears. Looks of horror on their faces, the two immediately rush over and drag her over to Ron's bed. They draw the curtains and cast a quick 'muffliato'.

" Oh, honey," Harry sighs; giving her a hug as Ron gently wipes away her tears with a now sodden tissue. "It's gonna be OK. Don't worry about it.

She turns to look at him.