Chapter 25

HERMIONE P.O.V

Earlier today, feeling ever so slightly guilty at how ecstatic I was (and still am) at the news of her break up, I invited Ginny over for a 'girly night in'. Of course I was careful to keep a smile off my face as I 'comforted' her, but there's only so much you can do when you feel like shouting 'Yes! YES!" at the top of your lungs. I think she suspected something, another reason I decided to invite her over.

I plump up the chair cushions, and place the bowls filled with pretzels and sweets on the table. Speaking of her ex boyfriend, I haven't seen him all day. Wonder where he-

KNOCK! KNOCK!

There's Ginny now. I toss the cushion I'm holding onto my chair, walk over to the door and pull it open. She's standing there with - a smile on her face?

"Uh, hey, sweetie," I say, puzzled. I mean, didn't she just break up with her boyfriend? But her smile doesn't fade.

" Hey, honey."

She walks past me and plops herself down on the couch directly in front of the TV. What the Hell just - anyway. I shut the door and sit beside her, pulling the bowl of toffee popcorn towards me.

"How you holding up?" I ask her, removing my gum and placing it in a tissue. She sighs and laughs a little.

" Sweetie, let me be honest with you," she says, her tone so serious I turn to look at her, concerned. " The only reason I went out with the Draco in the first place was to make Harry jealous."

What? My jaw drops. So, all this time -

" Did it work?" I ask. Her smile widens.

" Yep," she grins.

I have no idea what to say right now. I just sit here, shocked. She gazes at me for a few moments, her expression suddenly kind and understanding.

" You're in love with him, aren't you?" she asks.

Oh my God. I feel the blood drain from my face. What now?

"Go after him," she smiles at me. "Now, where are Parvati and Lavender? I wanna watch the movie, already."

19:51/ WEDNESDAY 27TH OCTOBER/ THE FIELDS/ BY THE LAKE

NARRATOR P.O.V

Pansy laughs up at her auburn haired companion, brown eyes twinkling. Ron's arm is wrapped firmly around her shoulders. The expressions on their faces are those of people who adore spending time together. It is purely circumstantial that they happen to be seated by the lake in the exact same place as where they first admitted their feelings for one another. I don't think they've noticed the peeping Toms over in the bushes. Discreet as they have been over the past two weeks, it's now only going to be a matter of days before news of this secret relationship is splashed all over the front pages of every newspaper, and all over school.

" I just hope that they get their act together," Pansy sighs, leaning against him, the laughter still evident in her voice. "Finally."

Ron smiles.

"Yeah," he agrees. " Maybe then we'll be able to come out, when everything dies down."

Pansy laughs.

"Like anything involving our friends is ever stress-free."

"True," he chuckles. "But, still, it'll be nice."

She smiles in response.

"Yeah..."

Their gazes remain on each other as they lean in and share long, lingering, languorous kisses.