where it all began

You had started getting better but the nightmares, broken ribs and your concussion still were the biggest problem. Your wrist only hurt so often but it didnt help that you couldn't lift your left arm up very much without it hurting, so you still had quite a bit to heal.

Your anxiety was high as you couldn't help but overhear Shigaraki and the other's questioning why you had been ambushed. Dabi tried his hardest to get them to leave you alone but their unanswered questions only increased each day. Dabi was cleaning your cut that was trying to get infected along with the burns, Dabi knew the cut still had dirt in it but he couldn't get it without hurting you more. Your entire body had become very sensitive to any pressure. You could tell Dabi felt bad for not arriving earlier when he saw your battered body covered in bruises.

Shigaraki and the others came bursting into your room, this sudden  intrusion caused you to jump as you quickly covered your top as only a black clip bra was there to protect your bare skin. "What the fuck guys get out" you covered your exposed skin and both you and Dabi yelled at them the leave. "Don't you know how to knock, and what the hell do you want crusty" Dabi sounded irritated at them as he got up and stood in front of you, he was in a black shirt and sweats as he spent most of his time with you. You clinged to the blanket as Shigaraki took a step towards you, which Dabi quickly moved his body between him and you so that he couldn't get any closer.

"I've had enough of your silence, tell me Skull why did that man attack you" you sat in shock as he demanded something so painful for you to explain. You look behind him to see Spinner, Toga, Twice, and Kurogiri waiting for your answer as they two were curious. A wave of anxiety filled your mind as the painful memories of the lab came rushing into your mind.Your knees raised up into your chest as you tried so hard to make your self as small as you could, you burief your face into the blanket as Dabi stood hiding your body from them. "HOW FUCKING STUPID ARE YOU, She has been through enough pain in her life that she deserves her privacy, IF you think you can just come in here and demand her to spill her life story then you have no right to even know when she does open up. She will tell those she trusts, and those who have the humanity to wait patiently, when shes ready. So back the FUCK up and GET OUT" you could see the steam rising off of Dabi's skin as he pointed to the door. It was clear Dabi couldn't see how Shigaraki could demand something so painful of you.

"Shigaraki, Dabi is right now, please come with me and allow skull to rest" Kurogiri's voice was calm as he guided Shigaraki out of the room. "I'm sorry Skull we tried to stop him but it was a bit more than we could do, try and rest my dear" Compress was kind as he closed your door leaving you and a steaming Dabi. 

You reach a hand out and grab Dabi's shirt before letting go as he turned around "thank you Dabi" he leaned down and kissed your lips, before finishing up the cleaning of your cut and burns. "Always baby, after all no one should be forced to explain something so painful" his words meant everything to you. He cleans up the first aid kit and crawls into bed next to you. You snuggle up to him as he wraps his arms around you and your leg came up and over his.

"Testing your limits?" He asks surprised at the action, yet he liked feeling your leg laid over his, even if it was the smallest gesture. Too him you were subconsciously claiming him. "Kinda, I mostly just wanted to feel more comfortable" your voice was small as you spoke. You laided there next to him completely happy, even with all the pain.

Your eyes closed as you thought about Shigaraki's demand. Then Dabi's words ran through your mind "some times it helps if you talk about it" but were you ready to talk about it. After all what had happened to you at age 7 had been the beginning of everything in your life. "She will tell someone she trusts" he was the only one you felt you could trust to know the truth. But what would he think, would he see the true monster that everyone despised. After all even your own family left you, even your father abandoned the creation he had worked so hard to train. You thought of the training your father had done with you when your black flames had appeared.

.....
"Come on (y/n), I know your flames can do more than that, focus!!" A large man yelled at the small girl that stood in the sandy training arena. Sweat had drenched your small body after the hours of training. Your (e/c) eyes stared at the wooden target in front of you. The silver that shined at the edge of your irises began to glow as you focused your attack on the target.

Your small hand raised up at the wooden like human. A spark ignites in your hand before shooting out and engulfing the form. Your body went limp as you fell to the ground, you panted as the last of your energy left your body. Your eyes bolt to the large and bulky man in hopes you had done as he had wanted.

All that was returned was a scoff at the small flame you had produced. "If you wish to invoke true fear you must show them the real power of your flames not this insignificant spark, I'll Show you a REAL FLAME" the man raised his hand and a great spark brought forth a black flame that invoked true terror as it devoured all of the wooden forms and the ground in its path. Your small face stared in awe as a great wave of flames tore across the arena before ramming into the metal fence that surrounded the arena. You look to the ground and see the difference in your flames scorch marks, when compared to his.
.....

He was right your flames had always been inferior to his. Even your brothers flames were better than yours. Your weak flames had been the reason your father sent you away. Everything that had happened to you was because of your flames. Your eyes began to water as the feelings of the past came flooding back. Your hands tighten around the fist full of Dabi's shirt you had taken hold of. "What's wrong ghost" he tried to look at your face but you hid in his chest.

"Not yet, I'm sorry Dabi I'm just not ready yet". Your tears began to run down your face as the pain kept coming. "It's okay ghost" he held you close as you cried, only wishing he could do more. He rubbed your back as you cried being careful not to hurt your shoulder more. But it became all to much for you to keep to yourself. "He wanted more from me, more than my power at the time could produce, I was weak and I couldn't meet his expectations" your voice cracked at the pain of knowing your flame would never be good enough.

"Ghost I know I've never told you about myself but I want you to know, I out of anyone understand the pain of being pushed to be better than what your body can take" you could hear the pain in his voice as you looked up at him to see his beautiful cerulean eyes. They were filled with a pain that you knew all to well. "My father did almost the same, he pushed me to do more than what my body could handle. When I was born my skin was meant for subfreezing temperatures, so my fire would burn at my skin any time I used it" you listened to him as he opened up. Two things cane to mind when he told you his past. One you hadn't been the only one who had been pushed to be the best. Two there were other parents out there that were horrible people and expected to much of their kids.

You looked up at Dabi to see his pained expression, but you felt at ease knowing he shared a similar past. "When I couldn't meet his expectations he sent me way to a laboratory, they claimed they could improve my quirk......but all they did was create a monster" your voice faded when you realized you had admitted to being a monster. "No they didn't create a monster, Listen to me Ghost.. Promise me you will never refer to your self as a monster never again do you hear me" his hands cupped your soft cheeks as tears glistened in your eyes. His voice was filled with anger at hearing you say that. "I'll try" you feel his hands squish your cheeks together causing you both to laugh.

"There's my firefly" his nosed rubbed yours causing you to laugh more. Your giggling voice filled the room as Dabi continued to squish your cheeks.

Author note
I hate to say this but my posting time will be a bit slower as I'm going to try and proofreading better. Also I plan to proofread the previous chapters as I get time. If any big changes are made I will let you know. Anyhow what do you think of the book so far?